X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gskill bios help

Good Morning!

PC Specs:
    M4A78LT-M Asus Motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78LTM/
    F3-12800CL9-4GBsr (8 gigs ripjaw gskill) ddr31600
    AMD Phenom II x6 1095T CPU
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    Western Digital cavier black SATA 500 gig 7200RPM

In reference to:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

I'm having some trouble with my RAM performance and bsod. I've got my ram set to ddr31600 I've followed
    some of the guide above this paragraph but have some questions. It says to set my DRAM frequency to DDR3-1600
    but I don't see that option anywhere on my motherboard bios settings. I also have an option
    on my motherboard to set the "CPU-NB Frequency" but it doesn't allow me to select 2400MHZ or anything...
    the only options I have are [AUTO] [4.00x] [5.00x] [6.00x] [7.00x] [8.00x] and so on...
    What setting would I put for that..???? Yes this is for the CPU/NB Frequency. I've tried to google this and
    I really can't figure out what to set it on.

I do have the Front side Bus (FSB) set to [240]. I did check the HT link freq setting in the bios but the highest
    it will go is up to 2000mhz, there is no option for 2400mhz. I have set the
    correct timings to the ram section 9-9-9-24 dram voltage 1.50v MEMORY CLOCK MODE set to 667 MHZ.

What should I put for the CPU/NB Freq? What should I set for the HT Link?

If I'm missing anything else please let me know... I'm having a hard time trying to get my ram to be stable and achieve performance. I'm trying to get
    the right settings for my bios and setting my ram speed to ddr31600

Thanks

J.Martin

Regarding the instability, we don't think there's a need to change CPU/NB frequency. We ran a test on a similar ASUS M4A78 motherboard, with a Phenom II 965 (we don't have your exact setup on hand), with your RAM kit, and for operation at DDR3 1600Mhz, please follow the instructions below:

Please load setup defaults in the BIOS. This option should be available with F5 key or in the Exit tab in BIOS. Then please make sure your BIOS is updated to the latest version. Available here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...8LTM/#download. Version 0802.

Then please go to the Advanced tab, and change the "Memory Clock Mode" to "800Mhz"; set "tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS" to "9-9-9-24"; set "Memory OverVoltage" to "1.50V".

If under those settings, your system is unstable, please increase the Memory Voltage to 1.60V or 1.65V. All other settings should be fine at Auto or untouched default. There shouldn't be a need to change CPU/NB settings unless you're also overclocking the CPU, which gets a little bit more complicated.

If you are still experiencing blue screens and unstable system, please use Memtest86+ (memtest.org) to test for errors on the RAM. Please test as 1600Mhz and 1333Mhz (load setup defaults and leave everything on auto). If there are errors in either case, please request an RMA from us.

If you have any further questions, please send screenshots of your settings, and we'll see how we can help you from there. And if there's any other additional inputs, please feel free to add to the discussion!

Comment

Working...
    X