Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman
    replied
    That's the reason I spend a lot of time here, I been thrilled w/ GSkill DRAM since the first sticks I bought, and use it it all my builds unless a customer specifies another brand - even then those often go back once I show them how what they wanted compares to a like set of GSkill, better OCing and throughput can change a person's mind in a hurry

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    Sounds good, glad all is well

Someone gave me a brand new 16GB kit of Corsair XMS3 but it only runs at 1333.
    I figured 12GB is overkill so 16GB at slower speed is the wrong decision. You do any Google review and G Skill are held in such high regard lately...........I made the right choice

Great brand with great produce. To get such a good reputation so quickly is a credit to G Skill's principles.

Long may it continue.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Sounds good, glad all is well

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Hi Tradesman.

Just updating for you:-

I put in all 4 sticks (2xRJ 2GB + 2xRJX 4GB) and all is well. Timings were correct (CL9) with all four sticks and I have been running for about a week with the CPU/NB @ 2800MHz.

Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    It appears that the mobo/BIOS is setting the actual timings, if it was a single set you could just turn on XMP or DOCP and it will read the timings from from the sticks and apply them, but with two sets you have to manually set the freq (1600 here) as well as set the timings manually i.e. 9-9-9-24 or whatever). If you are actually doing this, (setting them to 9-9-9-24 or whatever the spec is) and it (the BIOS) is changing them to the 11-11-11-28 on it's own and it still boots clean (no restart) , then something is out of whack

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Hello Tradesman.

Thanks for your perseverance. I don't think I'm explaining myself properly so I'll give it one last shot :P

Assuming I've set the BIOS correctly (which I have) at DDR1600, is it normal for the timings to be wrong and need manual input?
    If so, is there anyway I can get full list of primary and secondary timings for this RAM @ 1600.

Thanks.

P.S. If I'm getting annoying, just tell me to sod off.
    Last edited by bladesman83; 10-24-2012, 05:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    If you put the timings and freq in correctly then they should be basically spot on....if the BIOS is correct...i.e. for whatever reason on my Z77 you set the BCLK to 100 in the BIOS the system comes up and it's always at 100.46, so CPU is a little faster than 4.7GHz and DRAM should be at 2400 is at 2411.2....My P67 rig is off a hair also (as are many others, everywhere)

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Thats how ive been doing it Tradesman but is it normal for the 1600 profile to function outside of JEDEC spec and need manual input or is it a fault?

Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Need to manually set the timings in the BIOS

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied

As above.

Set to 1600 yet using CL11.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Post pictures of what you are looking at. If you manually set everything properly, it should be correct.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Hi Tradesman.

I do appreciate your help.

I have only the RJ X kit in at the moment and it's still CL11 @ 1600.
    The RJ Kits are correct at CL9 when installed on there own.

The RJ X are defaulting to 838MHz timings even when set to 800MHz.
    Any ideas? Have you seen this before?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    With two sets, XMP won't work, so manually set to 1600, 9-9-9-24, CR (Command Rate) at 2T (or 2N if the mobo uses the N designator), would probably start with DRAM voltage at 1.55 and CPU/NB voltage maybe at 1.3 or so

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    replied
    Hi again.

I've noticed that when I set DDR1600 in BIOS the timings on my RJ X are at CL11, which is the JEDEC #6 838MHz timing and not the XMP 1600 800MHz.

Is this normal?
    Does anyone have the full timings so I can manually set in BIOS?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    With that, I'd go the RJ X in 1-3 and the regular RJ in 2-4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X