X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bladesman83
    replied
    Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    Generally, any time you mix sets of DRAM it can be problematic, even of the same model number. That being said, you can always try and see what what happens...it's not going to blow up or anything. Best bet would probably to keep the the sets paired, i.e. the Ripjaws in slots 1-3 or 2-4 with the Ripjaws X in the other 2 slots. As a bit of forewarning it will prob reuire additional voltage to the CPU/NB and the DRAM itself from whatever the BIOS automatically sets in order to be stable.
    Thanks Tradesman.

I intend to keep them together as they are different sizes, although I see that may have not been apparent in my initial post.
    The Ripjaws are 2GB with the Ripjaws X being 4GB sticks.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Generally, any time you mix sets of DRAM it can be problematic, even of the same model number. That being said, you can always try and see what what happens...it's not going to blow up or anything. Best bet would probably to keep the the sets paired, i.e. the Ripjaws in slots 1-3 or 2-4 with the Ripjaws X in the other 2 slots. As a bit of forewarning it will prob reuire additional voltage to the CPU/NB and the DRAM itself from whatever the BIOS automatically sets in order to be stable.

Leave a comment:

• bladesman83
    started a topic Mixing RAM

Mixing RAM

Hi all.

Long time reader first time poster. It's a pleasure to be here.

I have 3 kits of G skill RAM, they are:-

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL x2 kits
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Can I mix the XL kit with one of the RL kits in my Crosshair IV Formula? CPU is a 1090T.
    Other than full slots normal "issues", is there any extra worries when mixing these two kits?

Thanks for the time taken in reading and/or answering. It's greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bladesman83; 10-23-2012, 07:36 AM.
Working...
X