Bios settings for Asus P5K premium/Wifi AP 8GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios settings for Asus P5K premium/Wifi AP 8GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

Hi, I recently purchased an additional 4GB of GSkill RAM which was the same model as the original 4GB I had in the motherboard but the motherboard is only seeing 6GB RAM, all the memory sticks work as I have tried them in different combinations and slots. However, I do notice that memory bank B1 for some reason is not registering any memory sticks I put in the slot but not sure if it is supposed to or not. I would like to know if anyone has successfully managed to get this combination to work, Asus have only confirmed that OCZ memory has worked as 8GB and this memory kit works with a few other P35 chipset boards like the Asus P5K deluxe. I tried manually setting the ram timings and setting the speed to DDR2-800 or similar and the DRAM voltage to 2.10v and also tried tweaking the northbridge voltage up but none of this worked, sometimes it would not POST. Appreciate any advice given.

It would seem to be an issue with the memory slots then (motherboard). Nothing in BIOS or settings would affect that, it's just about whether the motherboard recognizes the memory initially. It may be best to try another motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X