F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B & ASUS P5N-E SLI Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B & ASUS P5N-E SLI Mobo

I recently purchased 2 packs (4 sticks total) of G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B from NewEgg. I heard good things about g.skill ram and read good reviews, so I decided to buy my first g.skill memory. On the g.skill website, it listed this memory being compatible with my ASUS p5N-E SLI motherboard. Processor is a Intel? Core?2 Duo Processor E6600 (4M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

I installed it, making sure it was fitted correctly. Windows loaded, then shortly after that's when the issues began. It would either freeze or give me the blue screen of death. I went into the BIOS, before I booted to windows, and had set the voltage to 2.1v. Though, having the same issues occur again. I attempted to set the memory timing manually to 5-5-5-15.

I'm not sure what the issue is. Do I need to update my BIOS? I currently am running Win 7 (64) Prof for my OS, could that be apart of the issue? Do I need to set all the timing perimeters manually? If so, what are they for this board & memory combo? I understand that this board supports up to DDR2 800 (clock speed?), though DDR2 1066 would slow down to DDR2 800 (not sure what this refers to)? The only way I've gotten this memory to run stable is by leaving two of the four sticks out and running it with my old value 2g corsiar ram (2x1g, DDR2 333). Obviously, you can see why I wanted to upgrade.

I believe there is a way to get this board to run at a more optimal speed, utilizing all 8GB of the new g.skill ram. Just not sure what adjustments need to be made. Any technical assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

- Jason

Try DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V

Full slots will be very difficult, especially @ DDR2-1066. You can probably get it to work, but it would probably be slower then the settings above, so try those first.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X