F2-6400CL5S-2GBSQ random crash under Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5S-2GBSQ random crash under Windows 7

I recently bought a pair of these to upgrade my Dell Vostro 1200 laptop (model number PP16S) but experienced random reboots under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

My laptop accepts dual-channels DDR2 667 modules and it uses an Intel GM965 chipset (so I'm underclocking, if that matters). I also have the latest BIOS (A09) installed and the CPU is Intel T7300.

On first sight the system appeared to have accepted these modules without issue - have checked Windows correctly reported 4GB installed and it booted normally. But within 5-15 minutes or so it would just hard reboot randomly (like hitting the reset key). All that is said in Windows' Event Viewer is to the effect of "There has been an unexpected shut down possibly due to a power lost".

I've tried running Memtest86 with both sticks individually installed in slot 0 - no errors; and both sticks installed together then tested overnight - completed 6 passes without error.

I removed the GSkills and put the old Hynix sticks back and the problem disappeared.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Charlie Whiskey; 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM. Reason: Added even more details

You said there were no errors when test individually, did you have any issues in Windows or random reboots? It may be a problem with the modules, or compatibility between the laptop motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X