Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for Intel D975XBX2 mobo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Intel D975XBX2 mobo...

The Intel D975XBX2 motherboard is no longer in production, but is still popular and in use by many people. You don't specifically list it on your website, but hope you can give me a recommendation for memory for it.
    Processor is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield Socket 775 2.66 GHz 1066 MHz FSB
    i975 Chipset

Below are the specs for memory for the board:

( I have been looking at your SDRAM and I think this might be an appropriate choice, but I don't have all the details of the specs for it:
    G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Please let me know what you think )

The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

1.8V and 1.9 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
    Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
    8 GB maximum total system memory
    Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
    ECC DIMMs and Non-ECC DIMMs
    Serial Presence Detect
    DDR2 800, DDR2 667, and DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM DIMMs

To be fully compliant with applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should have DIMMs supporting the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This structure allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS tries to correctly configure the memory settings. Performance and reliability can be impacted or the DIMMs might not function under the designated frequency.

Supported DIMM configurations
    The following table lists the supported DIMM configurations.

Regardless of the DIMM type used, the memory frequency is either equal to or less than the processor system Bus frequency. For example, if DDR2 800 memory is used with a 533 MHz system Bus frequency processor, the memory works at 533 MHz. The table below lists the resulting working memory frequencies based on the combination of DIMMs and processors.

DIMM Type Processor system bus frequency Resulting memory frequency
    DDR2 533 800 MHz 533 MHz
    DDR2 533 1066 MHz 533 MHz
    DDR2 667 800 MHz 667 MHz
    DDR2 667 1066 MHz 667 MHz
    DDR2 800 800 MHz 800 MHz
    DDR2 800 1066 MHz 800 MHz

The PQ kit should work fine. You can also go with one of the kits without heat spreaders.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation...

Regards,

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X