Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody used F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ with EP45-UD3P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody used F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ with EP45-UD3P?

Model of the motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P
    Model of the memory: F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ
    Model of the CPU: Q6600

Hello,

I'm using the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard which supports 16 GB ram. I am interested in using G.Skill F2-6400CL6Q-16GBMQ (4x4GB) for this purpose. However, I have not found any information on whether or not this motherboard supports G.Skill's RAM. Has anybody tried this with this exact configuration? Apparently the UD3P is known to have a lot of issues with 16GB RAM; according to google at least.

Has this gone through your Qual and been tested with this motherboard specifically yet? I would like to make this purchase without any hassles of returning or RMA'ing so your answer will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to all of your responses. Thank you in advance!

PS. I also sent in a support ticket to ustech@gskillusa.com and this is the response I received:

"Dear Customer

Yes, that memory will work just fine. We also have a better performing kit, but it may be difficult to find in stock.

F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT"

Not very specific in detail but is it safe to assume it works? Sorry I'm quite paranoid with RAM
    Last edited by psychomantis; 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM.

I just tested both kits on our end, they worked flawlessly, not one glitch. We worked quite a bit with Gigabyte on this motherboard, so all of our kits are perfectly compatible.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you SO very much for your quick and timely response. That is fantastic news! Purchase order has been made. Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
      X