X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI DK 790GX-M2RS and 4x2GB G.SKILL 4GBPK 1066

Hello,

just got my new components and ran into serious problems:

DFI DK 790GX-M2RS (Beta Bios from 30/12/08)
    2x G.Skill 4GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition
    600W Seasonic S12 PSU

After assembling the System, it posted fine. But had big problems while and after installing Vista 64bit. Got Bluescreens with "Memory Management" error message and so on. My onboard graphics didn't work as well (the device could not be started). Started to run memtest86+ and got thousands of errors. Memory Settings@1066 5-5-5-17 @2,11V. Even got errors when running at 800Mhz. Do you have any suggestions like Bios Settings which i can try? In the Forum i heard that bumping the NB Voltage to 1.4V might help, but it didn't. Afterwards i tried the ram from another pc (2x2GB MDT 800Mhz 5-5-5-15) and it worked like a charm. In the DFI Forum a guy posted that the G.SKILL 4GBPK 1066 are meant for Intel Systems, but it is on the list of recommended Memory for my Board.Sorry for my poor english

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by chrisk2305; 01-20-2009, 11:58 PM.

can nobody help me?

Comment

EDIT: If i put only two modules in (G.Skill), everything is fine. So it seems the mainboard can't handle 4x2GB Dimms. Everytime i put all 4 dimms on the board, my onboard graphics don't work...wtf?! it doesn't matter in what slots i put the ram...any ideas?

Comment

it's difficult to run with 4 sticks of DDR2 1066 on AMD platform
        and we also guarantee for 2 sticks for dual channel, not 4 sticks
        even on Intel chipset, not every 2 pairs of memory could run together without problem
        they may not match to work together
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X