Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P5QL-PRO and PC6400 HZ compatibility issues

Hi,

I've been through a lot those last days : my PC won't boot, and even won't POST, if I don't configure the BIOS in a very specific way.

I have 3 modules on my P5QL-PRO (in replacement of a damaged Gigabyte P35-DS3R, wich had no problem) : 1xGSkill 1 Go PC6400 PK and 2x1 Go PC6400 HZ. The problem is that I must always put the PC into sleep mode when I don't want to use it anymore, otherwise it won't boot if it's shut down for a too long time.

If I want it to boot when it has been shut down for a too long time, I have to follow, step by step, these followings :

1. Boot the PC. The screen remains black, and force it to shutdown.
    2. Remove HZ modules. Only the PK one is remaining.
    3. Boot the PC. It says that the OC failed, because of the forced shutdown at step 1.
    4. I let all OC parameters the way it is (actually, it doesn't change anything if I put standard clocks specs. The only thing I put manually is the RAM voltage and the timing settings, wich are 4-4-4-12@2.0/2.1 V), save, and reboot.
    5. Let the PC works to NTLDR, and then shutdown it.
    6. Put the HZ modules back, and boot. It works perfectly.

However, I always check if the procedure has properly worked. In fact, I sometimes had a BSOD when booting Windows, that was actually meaning that the procedure hadn't worked properly. I do the simple NTLDR memtest, and sometimes it tells immediately that hardware issues has been detected. If it doesn't, I know that I can safely boot Windows with no problem. I know that after a few tests (with the real Memtest86 : when it worked, I had it working for almost 10 hours without any errors, and when I had a BSOD, I immediately got thousands of errors. It is binary : full of errors or no error).

If I hadn't got the PK module, I couldn't get my PC to boot !

I'm asking if there is any solutions to my compability issues, to avoid a future memory buy.

Thanks a lot.

May be a problem with the two different kits. Send both in for new replacements, we will send you four matching modules that should work fine.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Actually, the PK module is brand new, and so are the HZs. I've already sent a former HZ kit, due to hardware problems, and I've received a new one a few months ago.

Could I send my HZ kit, even if it properly works, to get a PK kit in return ? In the P5QL PRO memory compatibility list, there's no GSkill HZ, and this is clearly the source of my problem.

Comment

Hello

I have the same issue with a 2x1Go 6400 HZ kit and my motherboard is a Asus P5Q pro.
        I also have a 2x1Go 6400 PK kit wich works fine.

If I shut down my PC for the night, it wouldn't boot unless I go through the steps alxns7 described. I used to put my PC in sleep mode for this reason.

Only difference with his story is that my HZ kit started to work only with 2.1v tension and not under, now it doesn't even work anymore when setting the right (max) tension of 2.1v and I don't want to take the risk of going higher and damage it more.

Any idea how I could find a solution will be apreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

alxns7,

Right, that's what I meant because the memory kits are totally different so it is difficult to pair them.

_urznme_,

send them in for new replacements and the kit shoujld work better.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Sorry late but I'll send the RMA request, thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X