2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + gigabyte ga-ma785gm-us2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + gigabyte ga-ma785gm-us2h

Hey G.skill i have had a small problem with configuring my F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk on my new system and im just wondering if i my settings are ok, here are some pics of my bios.

My cpu is a Phenom II x2 555 its not unlocked yet :P

Oh and my GFX card is a 5770 1gb just for your info's :P

The reason why im having trouble is because when i game, normally around near the start my system would crash with a memory dump error. Then i would reboot and all would be fine wich to me kinda explained it self as a ram setting issue or power issue. My PSU is a OCZ 700w

Iv tried all kinds of settings like 1066 5-5-5-15 + 800 5-5-5-15 but all these was tried at NB voltage that was reccomended in the sub forum post http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4790 @ +0.1v which did seem to make it abit better but not fixed

So i bumped my NB up to +0.2v which you can see, and all seems fine atm. I have no idea why i have to use that voltage and im not even sure if its to much or just right. but today iv had no crashes so far.

So hopefully all is fine, im just wondering though if my timmings are actualy ok at what its at in the pic, iv read on this forum that 800 4-4-4-12 actually works out faster then 1066 5-5-5-15 but im unsure of the TRFC and the Row cycle time does it look ok?

Thank for your time
    Alex

PS.. the tittle suppose to be F2- not 2 my bad
    Last edited by alx; 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM.

For DDR2-800 4-4-4-12, voltage can be 2.0V. NB Volt Control should not need to be increased.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for replying, yes i do have the latest bios its F11

So is it bad that im running it at this voltage level?

Before this setting i had it at ddr2 voltage 2.0v and NB was at 1.1v and i was getting crashes with the same timmings as above.

Comment

Try the settings again, if it is unstable, try CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V, not NB Voltage.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

So i should try putting the DDR2 voltage back to 2.0v and NB back to Normal setting? And if that dont work i should raise the CPU NB VID control to +0.1V?

Comment

2.10V for DDR2-1066
            2.0V for DDR2-800

NB back to normal, raise CPU-NB VID Control +0.1V

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Its been a few days now and running fine it at the suggested DDR2 voltage you said (2.00v) with the same timmings in my bios pic, no crashes so far wich is great! I didnt bother raising my CPU-NB VID Control because all seems stable!

Now i cant figure out why i was getting crashes with DDR2-800 5-5-5-15 with DDR2 voltage @ both 2.00v and 2.10v and was the same with DRR2 1066.

But its fine @ DRR2-800 4-4-4-12 with voltage at 2.00v

Also just to make sure, running at 800-4-4-4-12 is the same as 1066-5-5-5-15 right? In terms of speed?

Comment

Yes, in fact some people have reported it to be slightly quicker since AMD CPUs respond well to low latencies. Enjoy!

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X