• Show
Clear All

• BSOD 0x00000124 ERROR

My computer info is:

Processor: 2.30 GHz AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core

MB: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA780G-UD3H

Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 3200 onboard video, Radeon HD 4670

Memory: G.Skill DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 2GBx2

Do you know if my MB doesn't support the RAM or is there another issue?

I've been checked the hotfixes offered by Microsoft but there aren't any available for Windows 7 64 bit. I do not know if the hotfixes for Windows Vista 64 bit can be used to fix this problem or not.

I've tried updating my BIOS and then restoring my BIOS to its factory settings but neither seemed to work. I've installed drivers via windows update, from the gigabyte website, and from the ATI website trying to update to the latest drivers. I've used Ultimate Boot CD to test my RAM and HDD, I've used Hot CPU Tester Pro 4 to test my CPU, I've tried using my PCI-E video card and my onboard video card (separately of course), but all these tests have not shown any errors or problems with the hardware devices. The only ones that I haven't really tested are my PSU and MB (the sound card is onboard). I've even performed a clean installation of windows 7 64 bit (previously using Windows Vista 32 bit) but the problem still persists. I am not sure what else to test without just buying new hardware.

This error normally happens when I play a video game (like World of Warcraft) but lately when I try to install patches or games in general I seem to get the BSOD.

Can anyone help me please? Just let me know if you would need more information about my system or how I can get to my logs (the dump files) so I can provide more information.

Thanks

If you have HT Voltage, try increasing that to 1.40V. Increasing CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V may help as well. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I haven't updated the BIOS before. Do I only have to download and install the latest BIOS? Will it have all the previous updates from the previous BIOS versions or do I need to install them all individual? Also, do I have to install @BIOS and QFLASH or they the same? Where do I find both?

Thanks

Comment

Just download the latest BIOS, it will have the revisions of all previous versions. If you put the BIOS update on a USB drive, simply go into BIOS, press F1 to see what button Q Flash is, then simply go into Q Flash, select the BIOS file from the USB drive, sit back and watch it update. Once completed, load BIOS defaults, then configure memory settings again.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X