F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ in ASUS P5QL/EPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ in ASUS P5QL/EPU

I got the F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ because it was listed here as being compatible with my ASUS P5QL/EPU and while it works, things crash a lot. I mean sometimes I can't open Outlook or it crashes after I do or when trying to send an email. Internet Explorer tabs crash all the time. Other programs experience the same issues. At first I thought it might be the CPU so I replaced that but the issue still occurrs. I replaced the memory with some old PC6400 that I had and the computer works fine so far. I know the F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ isn't listed on the ASUS QVL for the board but figured since it was listed by GSkill it would work right. All my BIOS settings are set to auto, is there a setting I need to tweak to get these to work right in the board? I got these with the intention of getting a faster CPU that would allow then to run at their 1066 speed instead of the current 800 they run at, are these chip just unstable at 800? I haven't tried overclocking the CPU to get the bus speed up to 1066.

No, this memory should work just fine at DDR2-800 1.90V. Try testing one module at a time to see if one is defective and causing problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X