F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI GA-EP45-UD3P x6800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI GA-EP45-UD3P x6800

Ok, Newb here, old newb. I just purchased 4 gigs of F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI(1100)

I have searched the forums and internet for info on how to overclock the memory, but it seems that the posts deal with processors with fsb host frequency of 333 mhz. I have a x6800 my son gave me, but it is 266 mhz.

All of my settings are default except I have up the cpu multiplier to 12. Can you give me some help on overclocking memory and cpu? I am not trying to max anything out.

CPU: X6800 OC 2.93 to 3.24 by upping multiplier.
    Mobo:GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6
    Bios Version: FE

Currently the memory is running at 1066. According to CPUZ my FSB : DRAM 1:2
    I am not sure what other information is needed, just let me know.

Please help an old guy out.

Raising the CPU Host Frequency to 275 will change DRAM Frequency to DDR2-1100.

Or, you can set it to 300 and overclock the memory to DDR2-1200+. You would also need to raise DRAM Voltage to ~2.0V or more if unstable. The memory is good for 2.10V-2.20V, so you have some overclocking room. DDR2-1333 is commonly achieved (333 CPU Host Frequency).

Then you can simply raise the CPU Ratio, thanks to the unlocked CPU multiplier, to reach high CPU frequency.

Add on an aftermarket CPU cooler, and you'll be on your way to 4.0GHz easy. =)

Additional info: Higher CPU Host Frequency = Higher CPU FSB (CPU Host Frequency x 4) = Faster overall speed
    You may need to stabilize this by adjusting the CPU FSB Termination Voltage, but most likely not for only 333. So just FYI.

MCH Core Voltage is the memory controller voltage, so to reach DDR3-1200+, you may need to raise this slightly to stabilize the memory controller.

As you raise the CPU frequency, you will also need to raise the CPU VCore. Hopefully you are able to find the precise voltages for all these for a nice overclock.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 08-10-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks G.Skill, bumped up to 1100 no problem, I will play around with it more this weekend.

LOL I have replied 3 times, but none were posted, did not see the question thingy.
      Thanks for the info,
      Noname

Comment

hahaha sorry we just changed it since the original method was causing headaches.

Keep us posted on the overclocking results! =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X