Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and Asus P5Q Deluxe

Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Intel G0 Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    4GB G.Skill PC2-8500
    XFX ATi Radeon 4890
    Thermaltake Black Widow 850w PSU

Hey guys!

I recently upgraded from a set of F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ after one stick just died on me. I have sent that back to G.Skill, and I'm awaiting it's return.

I got this new set of memory in, and had heard a few complaints about not being able to run them at 1066. I didn't worry about it, since I knew my mainboard a good bit, and it's settings.

Boy was I wrong!

I could barely get them to boot at 800MHz, and after doing some tinkering, I was even able to get them booted up and running at 1066MHz for a good bit, and then I've never been able to do it ever again. I was pushing 2.1v on the memory, 1.4v on the NB, and 1.4v on my Q6600.

Right now they're running "ok" at 800MHz, although they cannot pass any stress tests. I've also taken each stick of memory, and tried booting them one at a time, and neither will work at 1066MHz.

I'm using 5-5-5-15, and have even tried 4-4-4-12 with a little bit more voltage, and can't even run them at that.

Do you guys know any tips that could possibly help me out with this P5Q Deluxe? I've tried everything, and have read most threads related to this particular set of memory, even 13-17 pages back!

Any help would be appreciated!

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Should not have a problem with the basic memory settings, DDR2-1066 tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - tRAS 15 - Command Rate 2, 2.10V.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Of course, running version 2301. Also have memory at 2.1 I've tried 2.2, and 2.3.

Even without overclocking anything at all, I cannot get these things into Windows 7 x64 with low timings, or 1066MHz. I have already tried one at a time as well, in different banks and slots.

What are the chances that both are "defective"?

Comment

Possible, send them in for new replacements and the new set should work better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well this makes no sense...

Anywho, I accidentally pushed my memory DRAM frequency too high, and my mainboard had me to a BIOS restore... Never seen this happen before. Anyway, it reverted to the original BIOS version 1004.

The computer runs great at 800MHz 4-4-4-12, as well as 1066MHz 5-5-5-15.

I don't see a problem running this BIOS version, especially since everything seems to be much more stable, even at the settings I was running before.

Hmph.

Comment

Odd, glad to hear all is well now.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X