Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK + Asus P5QD-Turbo errors

Hi
    Long story short, i upgraded my motherboard and CPU and keep old G.Skill mems, but
    seems like they are broken or something, so could you give any advice what to try
    before i send them back to shop for replacement?

my machine is
    CPU: Intel Q9550
    motherboard: Asus P5QD Turbo (bios is latest what Asus offers v0301)
    memory: G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK (2x 1Gb DDR2 dual kit)
    (and btw. memory or my systems has NEVER been OVERCLOCKED!)

So errors appear in MEMTEST86+ v4.10 right after start 30seconds from start screen
    is like red in error lines, no matter what settings is try.

And i have try several different BIOS settings... all default/auto same thing.
    Then i have try correct timings putting mem setting to DDR2-800Mhz and timings 4-4-4-12 .. still same errors less then minute running MEMTEST86+.

Then i try different voltages i read suggested here in board to someone elses problems.
    So i try putting DRAM Voltage to 2.0V and then 2.06V and even 2.1V .. also i try
    NB voltages 1.3V and even 1.4V... nothing major effect everytime i get errors in
    beginning MEMTEST86+ test #3.

Every other than mentioned settings i have keep their bios default/AUTO.

Any advices, please?

PS. I already got random Windows BSOD in my old system using these mems, but that time i did not tested them with MEMTEST86+

Dreamk
    from Finland

Simply test each module with the proper settings to see which module may be defective.

DDR2-800
    tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 3 - tRAS 5
    2.10V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK is correct model name

Sorry i got model name wrong from other set i own, this (maybe faulty) set is:
      F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK

So as you see i have try correct settings 4-4-4-12, and 2.0Volts and others beyond that.

So whats next?

Comment

Simply test each module with the proper settings to see which module may be defective.

You will probably need to send them in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X