Foxconn A79A-S w/ F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Settings Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxconn A79A-S w/ F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Settings Needed

I am looking for the correct Motherboard timings for the Foxconn A79A-S motherboard paired with F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. I am using a Phenom 9850BE processor with a Noctua NH-D14 Cooler. The Bios i'm using is the D-28 version, the p05-p08 bios's are terrible! I can submit a copy of the Bios if needed. I would like to perform a medium overclock with this processor (stock is 2.5 would like to run it at 3-3.2). Thank you in advance!

Memory settings are always located on the memory and memory packaging. Those are the basic settings needed to get the system running properly.

DRAM Frequency DDR2-1066
    DRAM Timings tCL 5 - tRCD 5- tRP 5 - tRAS 15 - Command Rate 2
    DRAM Voltage 2.10V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Help still needed

Thank you for the reply, more specifically my bios has the following options and I would like to know what values to input:

Manual Memory speed set to 1066

Dram Timing Settings:

CL: known
      TRCD: known
      TRP: known
      TRTP: 2clk - 4clk or 3clk - 5clk
      Tras: known
      TRC: choices are single values 12 through 42
      TWR: choices are 5, 6, or 8
      TRRD: choices are 4, 5, 6, 7
      TWTR: choices are 4, 5, 6, 7
      TRFC0: choices are 75ns, 105ns, 127.5ns, 195ns, 327.5ns
      TRFC1: choices are 75ns, 105ns, 127.5ns, 195ns, 327.5ns
      TRFC2: choices are 75ns, 105ns, 127.5ns, 195ns, 327.5ns
      TRFC3:choices are 75ns, 105ns, 127.5ns, 195ns, 327.5ns

additionalyI would like to know what setting I should use for:
      Channel Interleaving: choices are
      Address bits of 6
      Address bits of 9
      XOR of Address bits [20:16, 6]
      XOR of Address bits [20:16, 9]

Thank you for your help!!

tpb211

Comment

All others will be fine on AUTO.

TWR: 8

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

little more clarification please!

Can you give me the correct parameters to fill into the other options so that I do not have to set them to auto? Additonaly can you answer the channel interleaving option? I would much rather learn the correct settings than assume the bios is actually using correct values when setting to auto, as the foxconn bios tends to be rather buggy!

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Those are motherboard specific, so I can not simply supply all the advanced timings. For channel interleaving, you can set that to XOR of Address bits [20:16, 9].

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Looking for Complete timings for Foxconn A79A-S Motherboard

My motherboard is a Foxconn A79A-S, I tried looking in the DDR2 Bios Configuration Guides and I see the complete timings listed for several motherboards however I am unable to find my motherboard listed there. My motherboard is the current Foxconn unit with the 790FX/750SB that supports an AM2+ processor. How do I go about getting my complete motherboard timings listed in that portion of the forum? Would you need me to ship you my Motherboard for testing? I would really like to get the correct full set of timings. Thank you for your help!

tpb211

Comment

That is somethng you will need to test for yourself to see what is most stable for your specific motherboard. I would suggest looking for a guide, then attempt manual settings based on AUTO values.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Bios Configuration Guides please add the Foxconn A79A-S to this Section!

How do I go about getting the correct values for my motherboard listed in the Bios Configuration Guide section of this forum? I see that you list the full values for many Gigabyte and Asus boards. I just find it perplexing that I am told to use auto values while Gigabyte and Asus Users are given the correct values to input. I do not want to sound unappreciative for the help you are giving me, I would just like to know how to get the same support that the Asus and Gigabyte users of your product are receiving. Would submitting my motherboard to obtain the correct values be of assistance? Please let me know how to go about getting the Foxconn A79A-S motherboard currently the only AM2+ with the 790FX (4 PCI Express slots) on the market supported in the Bios Configuration Guide section. It would seem that you would offer support for this board, however I am just not seeing it at this present time, other then being told to use auto values, while knowing the bios doesn not insert correct values (many bios revisions have been done to this board and at present the best one is the beta D28)
                  Last edited by tpb211; 05-27-2010, 06:18 AM.

Comment

We ask everybody to enter the same values, the basic memory settings, since that's all you need to configure the memory. What you're not understanding is that the advanced timings are different for each motherboard and system. Although we list some values for some motherboards, those values don't always work. Read around, our "BIOS Configuration Guides" are not 100% fail-proof, they are just suggestions to work with or that have worked on our motherboards. Like I said, since you have the motherboard in hand, you can simply test for lowest stable values for optimum performance. We never offer these settings, if we do, they are mere suggestions.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X