Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400cl6s-4gbmq

Hey Guys,

I have 4 sticks of the above RAM. I can not get all 4 sticks to work. I tried it on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P. I tried 1 stick at a time and it would post. 2 sticks and it would post. would not post with all 4 sticks in. I tried 2 of the 4GB sticks and 2 -2GB sticks and it started fine. I contacted Gigabyte and sent the board in for exchange. I then got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo and had the same problem. 2 sticks work, 4 sticks don't. Installeda thousand watt power supply and still have problem. Pulled everything out but 1 HD, 1 video card and 1 DVD. Still would not POST with all 4 sticks in. Again I tried 2-4GB and 2-2GB and it started fine. Any ideas?
    MB- Gigabyte GA-ep45-UD3p v 1.6 or ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo
    HD- WD 500 GB HD
    Video Card- Gigabyte HD5870
    DVD- LG
    Power supply OCZ 100w or Thermaltake 850w
    PS2 keyboard
    Microsoft USB mouse

Thanks

If two sticks don't even work by themselves, you will need to have them exchanged for new replacements.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No,no they all work. They just don't work if all 4 are installed at the same time. Any one or any two work fine. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Comment

Increase NB Voltage to 1.40V and that should stabilize 4 modules. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you. I will try that now.

Comment

Well I tried that but it did not help. I went up to1.5 and still no POST. I can run 3 4GB sticks or 2 4GB and 2 2GB. Best it will POST. I fear I can't get all 4 4GB sticks to work. Darn.

Comment

Post pictures of the BIOS and I can see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X