Asus 1005AH Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus 1005AH Help

hey guys. Not too long ago I purchased an ASUS 1005AH Eee PC Netbook. As i'm sure some of you know, it comes with 1gb of ddr2 800 ram. A-Data Technologies Specifically

I purchased a 2gb stick of G-Skill ddr2 800 ram. Model #:F2-6400CL5S-2GBSK

The stick arrived and I installed it into my Netbook and went to boot. The hard disk light comes on, the wireless light comes on... and that's it... no screen. no bios, no nothing. I've tried re-seating the ram a half a dozen times. I re-installed my stock ram, and it works again. With the stock ram installed I went through the bios and disabled boot booster and quiet boot. and attempted the installation once again. Alas, the same result occurred despite the changes.

I've submitted for an RMA through Newegg, which has been approved. However, before I do so I would like to check with the experts here at G-skill. I have always purchased G-skill for my machines and have always had excellent experiences with your products. This purchase so far has been leaving me rather disappointed. Hopefully you can help me out.

Do you know if your original module is high or low density? Either the memory is incompatible, or it is defective. Wish we had a similar netbook to test here, but we do not. =/

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have no idea, how would i find this out? I also tested the ram under similar circumstances is my larger, Asus G51VX Gaming laptop... and the system failed to boot with that notebook as well. so i'm at a loss. should I just RMA with newegg?

Comment

Yes, go ahead and do that, you may have received a defective module.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X