F2-8500CLD5-4GBPK no 1066MHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CLD5-4GBPK no 1066MHz

Cannot get this Ram to run at 1066. I originally purchased this for an ASUS M3N78 Pro as G.Skill was the approved vendor for this board. Never could get this ram to run at 1066. I RMA's this board 2 times. Still unable to run at 1066. Always defaults to DDR2 800. I purchased a new MB a Biostar TA790GXE 128M 5.0x.
    This board is supposed to support DDR2 1066. This board also defaults to DDR2 800. Even when manualy setting to 1066 in the bios. Biostar tech support said to raise the voltage to 2.1v which I did. Same result. Contacted Biostar Tech once again and was told I would have to OC the CPU to get to 1066.
    I noticed on the spec page at G.Skill that the timings are the same as DDR2 800 5-5-5-15
    I did do a 12% OC and managed to get the RAM to run at 900MHz with the CPU at 3.6GHz. I really don't want to OC because I need this PC to last for a good while. I have read many reviews with many people having the same issue with various MB's. I paid a premium for the memory and this is my first experience with G.Skill. I normally run Crucial Ballistix in all my PCs. I'm not very happy but don't have the extra money to purchase more. Please explain why this will not run at the designed frequency.

My system
    MB Biostar TA790GXE 128M 5.0x latest BIOS
    CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2GHz Quad Core C2 125w
    Video HIS HD4670 1GB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0
    PC Power and Cooling 750w Silencer PSU

Update

I read the DDR2 Bios config and tried the timings suggested.
    I have
    CAS5, TRCD6, TRP 6, TRAS 24, TRC 30 and it is running at 1066. I could not find in my BIOS settings TRFC or 52-55. I am new at this. I will have to use my digital camera to take a screen shot of my BIOS config, but at this point my RAM is now at 1066MHz.

Comment

Glad to hear everything is working just fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Follow up

It did not last for long. The next day my PC was locked up. On every reboot I got BSOD. I ended up having to re-install my OS and now I cannot get the motherboard to OC. I also tried the recommended timings of 5-5-15 without any luck either. I am contacting Biostar tech to try and find out why the board will not OC. I ran Prime 95 for over an hour with no errors and the Mem Test that I downloaded from the G.Skill site and the memory tests fine with no errors. This was after the fresh install of the OS. I simply just don't understand. 2 different MB's same result. This RAM will not run at 1066.

I would truly be interested to hearing from anyone who has actually had success with this RAM running stable at 1066.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? These AMD DDR2 motherboards can get real tricky with DDR2-1066. Unfortunately.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

response

Yes my Biostar MB has the latest bios and support for AM3 processors. The North and South Bridge chips are both the latest AMD chipsets. Still waiting for a response from Biostar Tech Support. I requested an explanation of the settings for the memory since neither the manual nor the website go into any detail about memory configuration. One particular aspect of the AMI Bios is that each DIMM slot has individual settings. There are 3 additional settings in the bios, tRTP, tWR & TRRD. I do not know what these settings are for so I have left them set @ AUTO.

I have read somewhere that the memory controller is built into the CPU. Could that have anything to do with the problem? According to the AMD website the Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb CPU supports DDR2 1066. I really want the 1066 memory speed. While it worked for those few hours the system was more responsive than with the 12% OC. If only I had the money to buy more memory I would just give up. Please help me to get this to function correctly. This is my PC that I use for recording our band and mixing multi audio.

I have started over from scratch. Fresh install of the Win 7 64 bit, new WD 750GB hard drive.

Comment

Try raising the HT Voltage to 1.40V.

You can also operate them at DDR2-800 with tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 4 - tRAS 12 - Command Rate 2, 2.0V

This will be just as fast if not faster than DDR2-1066 CL5.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X