Asus P5Q SE Plus w/ G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5Q SE Plus w/ G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

I have read of issues with the Asus P5Q SE Plus (and other P5Q boards) using 2 x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8 GB total). I have ordered this board, and expect it to arrive tomorrow, but I wanted to ensure that I had no issues, or at the very least ran through all appropriate configuration during setup so I don't run into some of the same problems others have. As I have searched this board, and have not seen the exact configuration I will be using (i.e., same board with same amount/type memory), I thought it best to run it by everyone to ensure I had my bases covered...

My soon-to-be configuration is as follows:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE Plus
    Memory: G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (x2 = 8 GB total)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

I saw where some people had to simply change the memory from Auto to Manual at 1066 to get around issues. Some were also told to try different slots on the board. As I will be using all of the slots, the latter option isn't really an option, but I was hoping to get clarification on exactly what will be necessary. Please let me know, if possible. I apologize if I have missed a thread on this specific setup, but I just want to be sure before having everything torn apart. I already had a nightmare of a time trying to figure out why my new Q9550 wouldn't work in my Abit IP35 Pro motherboard due to an incorrect post code error related to CPU core voltage (this is apparently a common problem, and I wasn't aware of it prior to ordering the new CPU). The G.Skill memory is RAM I have had for about 8 months, and have had no issues with at all on the Abit board. I went to Asus to correct this issue, as I have always had luck with their boards, but I saw the memory issues (never even considered that as a possible issue), and thought better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

Simply enter in the basic memory settings, raise the NB Voltage to 1.40V, and everything should run just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the help. Everything worked perfectly!

Comment

Working...
      X