X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK w/BIOSTAR TF8200+

Been recently trying to set up a machine w/the following components:

Biostar TF8200+ mobo
    2 ea. F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK (1 x 4 Gb sticks, 4Gb total)
    AMD Phenom 9850 (not attempting to OC)

When I let the mobo autoset defaults, memory runs at 5-5-5-15 and 800, and passes MemTest86+ no problem.

Have looked around the forum much for proper settings trying to get memory to run at 1066. Ended up setting CPU NB overvolt @ +0.1, memory volt to 2.1v, set DRAM Memory Clock Mode to "manual" @ 1066. Then I tried numerous different timing settings, memory will run at 1066 but always failed to pass MemTest 86+ no matter what settings.

Next, I set CPU NB overvolt @ 0.1, memory volt 2.1v, and DRAM Memory Clock Mode "manual" @ 1066, all other settings were left on auto. Tested each stick individually in first memory slot (closest to CPU) - all sticks run @ 1066, 3 sticks consistently passed MemTest 86+ and 1 stick consistently failed to pass MemTest 86+.

Checking to see if there's something else I should be trying here before I request RMA for potentially bad stick. Thanks for any help.

OK, I guess the lack of responses to my inquiry suggests that an RMA is in order for one set (two sticks) of my F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK. Anybody?

Comment

If one stick is failing, then you will want to send it in for a new replacement.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
      X