Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI compatibility ASUS M3N78-VM

Hello

I would like to buy these ram (F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI) but on g.skill site and on asus site, i haven't found anything about compatibility with my ASUS M3N78-VM board. I guess yes...but i need to know rightly, if they can run my system without any problem.

Thanks!

nobody knows?

Comment

If you have an AMD AM2+ CPU, then you may be able operate them at DDR2-1000. For a quick and simple installation, I would suggest a DDR2-800 CL4 memory package as this would actually be more stable and faster.

F2-6400Cl4D-4GBPK
      F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

This is my configuration:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 rev. C3 // MOBO: Asus M3N78-VM // RAM: 4GB DDR2 800 Kingston //
        VGA: ASUS EAH4890 // HDD: Maxtor 500 GB // DISSI: Zalman 8700NT // ALI: Corsair VX550W // MONITOR: HP Pavilion f50s // CASE: CoolerMaster Elite 334 + 2 Fans // SO: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

In the bios there's an option that permit to put my kingston ram to 533mhz, but i could not try, because probably they fail at start up. I read me too about that limitation and i really don't know what does mean...i repeat: from bios i could set 533 mhz for my actually rams.

However, if i buy these ram or something like that, for example, PQ series, and i'm not able to set them properly (for that limitation cause), could I keep 500 or 533 mhz ram fsb, overclocking my cpu at 250mhz fsb? Or these ram could not never work with my board?

Sorry for these questions, but maybe with lastest bios update, i could use these ram...i don't know...

Waiting for answer...

Thanks a lot again!
        Last edited by SkyTouch; 02-24-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Yes absolutely, they are compatible, you just need to operate them in single channel for DDR2-1066. In single channel, you will simply need to overclock and see how high it will be stable.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi!

Finally i bought these ram: F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

This is a screen about my settings... http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1706/ram.png

I set only 2.1v to ram...cpu and nb are still working at vcore default.

I don't know if i will be stable all time..so at this moment, i could say that there is not any problem.

I would like to know if my settings are good...or tell me what i should change..

thx!
            Last edited by SkyTouch; 03-02-2010, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Ok...today, i have played a game, after i had some problems, like blue screen. I run Intel Burn Test for testing stability and i had some errors with that configuration. Seems to be unstable the ram...or maybe also casue by high temps of my cpu. Really i don't know... however i set 42 to TRC and i tried again the test which passed.

Comment

tWR should be set to 8. A lot of the other advanced timings are oddly off too. Post up screen shots of the BIOS so we can see what may be set incorrectly.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Today i had problems again...intel burn test doesn't pass...maybe the last configuration wasn't stable as i thought. So i have done a little oc on cpu...now i'm at 250x12,5...the ram (setted from bios at 400) are now 500mhz with 5-5-5-15-24-2T with +300mV core (the rest all setted on auto). Intel burn test passed...maybe now it's stable...but i could not reach an higher frequency using multipler with that FSB...because i had blue screen before windows start.

This situation could be ok for me, it seems that i could play games and use pc in safety condition...but i would like to reach 1066mhz with the cpu at default and passing the Intel Burn Test.

Tomorrow i'll post a screen of my bios setting...hoping could be useful for helping me.

I need your help

thanks!
                  Last edited by SkyTouch; 03-03-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Ok these are the possible setting on my bios...

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/04032010121.jpg/

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/04032010122.jpg/

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/04032010123.jpg/

I can choose manually: 333 400 533 FSB ram

Voltage range: 50-150mV
                    ram voltage: 6-393,5mV

these are the stable settings:

@400 5-5-5-15-24 cpu default
                    @500 5-5-5-15-24 cpu 255x12,5
                    @536 6-6-6-18-42 cpu default

I would like thight timings on @536 configuration...but it's really difficult...

So...what setting i should set?

thanks!
                    Last edited by SkyTouch; 03-04-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Increase chipset voltage 100mV

tWR 8
                      tRFC 0, 1, 2, 3 all set to 127.5ns or 160ns.

Do you have HT Voltage? You will want to increase that to 1.30V

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

There's a problem that you could see on my precedent screen...I tried to set tWR 8 from bios, but when i enter in windows I see by cpu tweaker that twr is setted on 6...and i'm unable to change it! This happen only when i choose 533mhz from bios. I think that my motherboard isn't so ready for 1066 ram as Asus says...

Some settings are "locked" when i choose 533 mhz mode. Others could be changed but on windows, timings are different from my settings.

I have Processor-NB Voltage, Chipset voltage and processor voltage. I haven't HT voltage.

Could you write the right settings based on my bios, please? You can see my last screen how my bios is setted.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X