Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ + Asus M2A-VM + AMD6400 - White screen problem

Hi everyone,

I have an Asus M2A-VM Mobo with a Core 2 AMD6400 processor running windows 7 ultimate, no video/audio card attached.

My system was running fine with three Kingston 1GB sticks. I tried replacing with the two F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ chips (2x2gb) and I get a white screen after startup (can see mouse curser and can operate system but screen is completely white, minus the mouse curser). If I use just one of the G.Skill sticks, it works fine. I've tried with both independently to check for errors with good results. If I use one of the G.Skill and any other Kingston 1GB stick, it comes up with a white screen again.

Mobo supports DDR2 800 up to 8GB max, with 2GB in each slot. I tried all different combinations of sticks/slots with no solution. Also adjusted voltage from 1.8V to 1.9V with no difference. I have all the latest on-board video/audio drivers installed on a fresh installation of Windows 7. I have no clue what to try next.

Does anyone have an idea of what?s happening here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

What slots do you have them installed in? Try the other slots.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally i placed them in the A1 and B1 slots (both yellow). This produced the white screen. I have tried all 4 slots on the board with a combination of the two 2gb GSkill sticks by themselves and with other Kingston sticks. It does work with a single Gskill 2gb stick in any slot, but as soon as you add another, either GSkill or my old Kingston 1gb, it produces the white screen again.

Comment

Very odd, check to see if you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Updated BIOS from 0804 version to latest (2302) and problem cleared right up. Thanks for the help!!

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X