What are appropriate settings for 8800CL5Q and Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are appropriate settings for 8800CL5Q and Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

I am about to build my computer and would like to know all the memory settings before I get started. I currently have an E8400 that will be going into the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI. I have an 880 watt Hiper PSU and a EVGA 8800GT video card. Thanks in advance.

See RESOLVED posted 3-24-10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See RESOLVED 8800CL5-8GBPI and GA-EP45-UD3P

upgrade bios to FE
    Last edited by thetruth; 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM.

Forgot to mention that I will be running Windows 7-64 and the mem kit is 8GB.
    Last edited by thetruth; 01-13-2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I saw this for another module and this is what I am looking for. This does not appear on the product website or on the packaging.

#1 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
      GSKILL TECH
      Administrator Join Date: Jul 2008

F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD + GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P / R BIOS settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to make a couple changes to operate at 1200 rather than the normal 1066.

CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
      CPU Host Frequency - 375
      Performance Enhance - Standard
      System Memory Mulitplier - 3.20B
      DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
      CAS Latency - 5
      tRCD - 5
      tRP - 5
      tRAS - 15

Advanced Timing Control (submenu)
      tRRD - 4
      tWTR - 4
      tWR - 8
      tRFC - 68 (Increase up to 80 to stabilize 8GB, 4 sticks)
      tRTP - 4
      Command Rate - 2

Load Line Calibration - Disabled
      CPU VCore - 1.25V
      MCH Core - 1.20V (1.40V for 8GB, sticks)
      MCH/DRAM Reference - 1.0V
      ICH I/O Core - 1.60V
      ICH Core - 1.20V
      DRAM Voltage - 1.90V

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Last edited by thetruth; Today at 10:54 AM.
      Last edited by thetruth; 01-13-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Your BIOS should look roughly like this:

CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
        CPU Host Frequency - 344
        Performance Enhance - Standard
        System Memory Mulitplier - 3.20B
        DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
        CAS Latency - 5
        tRCD - 5
        tRP - 5
        tRAS - 15

Advanced Timing Control (submenu)
        tRRD - 4
        tWTR - 4
        tWR - 8
        tRFC - 68
        tRTP - 4
        Command Rate - 2

MCH Core - 1.20V
        DRAM Voltage - 1.90V

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I guess I need a little patience

With the recommendation in mind as well as the other post I grabbed out of the Bios Configuration Guide I thought I was ready to roll. Installed everything and ...... never got to the bios screen. System eventually shut down, but interestingly enough the fans remained in operation. Happened several times so I rma'd the board. I got from Newegg and sent the board back today, interestingly enough a few hours later Newegg had an open box EP45-UD3P (first time I have ever noticed an open box for this product). Hope it is not the one I returned. I will supply the serial number later just in case some adventurous soul decides to try it. I imagine it will be about a week before I get the replacement. If this one does nto work I may try another model or manufacturer.

Comment

What is up with F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI and the ER45-UD3P?

I have read a miriad of forum post. I cannot get all 4 sticks to operate at the rated speed of PC2-8800 without numerous errors on memtest, and usually cannot get into Windows (7-64). I can get any 2 sticks in any 2 slots to operate fine at 1066 with virtually no adjustments other than setting the voltage manually @ 1.8 for the dram. The settings below under the title 4GB,1066,5-5-5-15-2 work with any 2 sticks. However, I can get all 4 sticks going, again with the same voltage adjustment, and tighter timings with no hassle at all PC2-6400. These settings are under the title 8GB,800,4-4-4-12-2. I have tried upping the MCH to 1.4, upptin the tRFC to 80 or 88, etc. Help!

I have the following:

rev. 1.6 of the EP45-UD3P
            Hiper 880W PSU
            EVGA nvidia 8800GT 512 SC
            E8400 CPU (currently not ocd)

GA-EP45-UD3P BIOS Template

******Gigabyte EP45 UD3P******........4GB,1066,5-5-5-15-2........8GB,800,4-4-4-12-2

Processor Name: Memory Model Number:

Robust Graphics Booster...................................[Auto ] ...................[Auto ]
            CPU Clock Ratio............................................. ...[9 X ].....................[9 X ]
            Fine CPU Clock Ratio........................................[ +0.0]....................[ +0.0]
            CPU Frequency [ ]GHz...............................[3.00GHz 333X9 ]........[3.00GHz 333X9 ]

******Clock Chip Control******

CPU Host Clock Control.......................[Enabled ]................[Enabled ]
            CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)....................[ 333]....................[ 333]
            PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)................[ Auto] ...............[ Auto]
            C.I.A 2...........................................[Disabled] ..............[Disabled]

******Advanced Clock Control******

CPU Clock Drive....................................[800mV]..................[ 800mV]
            PCI Express Clock Drive........................[ 900mV].................[ 900mV]
            CPU Clock Skew...................................[0ps ]......................... [0ps ]
            MCH Clock Skew..................................[0ps ]..........................[0ps ]

******DRAM Performance Control******

Performance Enhance [Standard ]
            Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)...................[Disabled ]..............[Disabled ]
            (G) MCH Frequency Latch...........................[Auto ] .......................[Auto ]
            System Memory Multipler...........................[ 3.20B] ....................[ 2.40B]
            Memory Frequency 1066............................[ 1066] ........................[ 800]
            DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual] .................[ Manual]

CAS Latency Time...................................[5 ].......................[4 ]
            tRCD.............................................. ........[ 5] ......................[ 4]
            tRP............................................... .........[ 5]........................[ 4]
            tRAS.............................................. .......[15 ]..................[12 ]

******Advanced Timing Control****
            tRRD.............................................. .......[4]...........................[4]
            tWTR.............................................. .......[4]...........................[4]
            tWR............................................... .......[8] ..........................[8]
            tRFC.............................................. .......[68].........................[68]
            tRTP.............................................. ........[4]...........................[4]
            Command Rate (cmd)...........................[2]............................[2]

******Channel A Timing Settings******

Static tRead Value .....................[6]..........[Auto] .............[6]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase0 Adjustment .............[0]..........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase1 Adjustment .............[0]..........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase2 Adjustment .............[0].........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase3 Adjustment .............[0].........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]

tRD 2rd (Different Rank).............[6]..........[Auto] .............[6].............[Auto]
            tWR 2wr (Different Rank) ...........[6]..........[Auto] .............[6].............[Auto]
            tWR 2rd (Different Rank) ............[5]..........[Auto] .............[5].............[Auto]
            tRD 2wr (Same/Diff Rank) ..........[8]..........[Auto] .............[8].............[Auto]

Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control..............[Auto ]...............................[Auto ]
            Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control..............[Auto ]...............................[Auto ]
            DDR Write Training...........................[Auto ] ..............................[Auto ]

******Channel A Driving Settings******

Drive Strength Profile.........................[ Auto]..............................[ Auto]
            Data Driving Pull Up Level...................[ Auto] ............................[ Auto]
            cmd Driving Pull Up Level....................[ Auto] ............................[ Auto]
            ctrl Driving Pull Up Level.....................[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            clk Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]

Data Driving Pull Down Level..............[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            cmd Driving Pull Down Level................[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            ctrl Driving Pull Down Level..................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]
            clk Driving Pull Down Level..................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]

******Channel B Timing Settings******
            Static tRead Value ........................[6]..........[Auto] .............[6]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase0 Adjustment ................[0]..........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase1 Adjustment ................[0]..........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................[0].........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]
            tRD Phase3 Adjustment .................[0].........[Auto] ..............[0]..........[Auto]

tRD 2rd (Different Rank)................[6]..........[Auto] .............[6].............[Auto]
            tWR 2wr (Different Rank) ..............[6]..........[Auto] .............[6].............[Auto]
            tWR 2rd (Different Rank) ...............[5]..........[Auto] .............[5].............[Auto]
            tRD 2wr (Same/Diff Rank) .............[8]..........[Auto] .............[8].............[Auto]

Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control................[Auto ]...............................[Auto ]
            Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control................[Auto ]...............................[Auto ]
            DDR Write Training.............................[Auto ] ..............................[Auto ]

******Channel B Driving Settings******
            Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto]..............................[ Auto]
            Data Driving Pull Up Level.....................[ Auto] ............................[ Auto]
            cmd Driving Pull Up Level.....................[ Auto] ............................[ Auto]
            ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]

Data Driving Pull Down Level................[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            cmd Driving Pull Down Level.................[ Auto] .............................[ Auto]
            ctrl Driving Pull Down Level..................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]
            clk Driving Pull Down Level...................[ Auto] ..............................[ Auto]

******Motherboard Voltage Control******

Load-Line Calibration...............[Disabled ]......................[Disabled ]
            CPU Vcore ............................[1.22500V].....[Auto].........[1.22500V]........[Auto]
            CPU Termination ....................[1.200V]........[Auto].........[1.200V]............[Auto]
            CPU PLL ...............................[1.500V].........[Auto]..........[1.500V]............[Auto]
            CPU Reference ......................[.760V]..........[Auto]...........[.760V].............[Auto]

MCH Core ............................[1.100V]..........[Auto].........[1.100V]............[Auto]
            MCH Reference ....................[.760V]...........[Auto]..........[.760V].............[Auto]
            MCH/DRAM Refernce .............[.900V]...........[Auto]..........[.900V].............[Auto]
            ICH I/O ...............................[1.500V].........[Auto].........[1.500V]...........[Auto]
            ICH Core ............................[1.100V].........[Auto].........[1.100V]............[Auto]

DRAM Voltage .....................[1.800V].......[1.800V]........[1.800V]..........[1.800V]
            DRAM Termination ................[.900V]............[Auto].......[.900V]............[Auto]
            Channel A Ref ......................[.900V]............[Auto].......[.900V]............[Auto]
            Channel B Ref .....................[.900V]............[Auto]........[.900V]............[Auto]

*****Advanced BIOS Features******

CPU Multithreading................................[N/A].......................[N/A]
            Limit CPUID Max to 3...........................[Disabled]................[Disabled]
            No-Execute memory Protect.................[Enabled].................[Enabled]
            CPU Enhance Halt (CIE).......................[Enabled].................[Enabled]
            C2/C2E State Support.........................[Disabled].................[Disabled]
            C4/C4E State Support..........................[Disabled].................[Disabled]
            CPU Thermal Monitor...........................[Enabled] .................[Enabled]
            CPU EIST Function...............................[Enabled]..................[Enabled]
            Virtualization Technology......................[Enabled]..................[Enabled]

Comment

See RESOLVED posted 3-24-10

See RESOLVED 8800CL5-8GBPI and GA-EP45-UD3P

upgrade bios to FE

Comment

Working...
              X