Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-b + EA45-ud3 Rev. 1.1 -MemTest Errors

My pc details as

E8200
    EA45-UD3 Rev. 1.1
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B
    MSI GTX 260+
    Power Antec EA500D

First the memory can run as 5-7-7-20 with 1066 with auto settings in the BIOS
    I am very satisfied
    But later I found there are some issues coming one by one
    1. The PC auoto restart after the GIGA Picture in the screen
    2. Auto blue screen without any operations and "begining dump of physical memory"
    3. When play big 3D games like GTA IV, it will auto quit the game or blue screen randomly

It last for 2 months and finaly I decide to test with MemTest 86+

And it really suprise me, it coming with many errors

Then I come to this forum, I found some similar cases, and disable XMP, and make Performance enhance to "standard" (The performance enhance cannot be disabled)

Then I run the Memtest 86+ one time, it is OK, next day when I run the Memtest several times, sometime with 1000errors, sometime 60 errors

Then I lower to 800, with 5-5-5-15, then it looks stable for a quite time

I need to run Memtest today again

But since this memory is guaranteed to run based on 1066, then I should get the efficiency as 1066, or I would rather buy F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B instead, please help!

Many thanks
    Last edited by Kurtgao; 01-08-2010, 07:42 AM.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPk + ep45-UD3P has never worked right for me either,only 1 stick will work no dual channel,tried 3 boards and 2 sets of ram . I should have bought the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ model it's the right 1 for the board,gskill didn't have a memory configurator when i bought my ram or i would have.
    Last edited by pliskin28; 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

May I know where is the administrator?

Can G.Skill give me any recommendation?

Many thanks

Comment

call them, must faster results that dont work .Take it back to were you bought it and get a refund or exchange it for better quality ram.Thats what i'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by pliskin28 View Post
          call them, must faster results that dont work .Take it back to were you bought it and get a refund or exchange it for better quality ram.Thats what i'm doing.

The dealer is only responsible to refund within 1 week, exchange within 1 month

After that, they also need to contact G.Skill

So perhaps it is better for me to contact G.skill

I still hope it is some setting issues because I have lower to 800, then it works for 2 days stable

Comment

BTW: Why there is no F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B shown in the product catalogue in the website anymore

Comment

I got 3 mo. where i bought mine online,if you explain what happened ive gotten storecredit with exchange 11 "mo later .However if you RMA it thru gskill no store will take it back "numbers won't match".the PI-B ram is outdated or discontinued most likely. You might have to run it at 800 alot of times 1066 is just a hopefull speed tested on better sticks .Have you tried slots 1+3 instead of 0+2 ,also run 1 stick alone and memtest it for errors to try and fine a bad 1.

Comment

DDR2 1066 is more expensive than DDR2 800

So it really feel not so good since I pay price for 1066 but only can run under 800

And when I purchased these 4 G memory, their price is on the high peak

It cost me around 110 USD for these 2 sticks

Comment

I found the Administrator "GSKILL TECH" log in the forum everyday

Why they don't answer our questions????

Comment

We apologize for the delay, we are backed up due to the holiday season.

Please try the following settings:

CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
                    CPU Host Frequency - 333
                    Performance Enhance - Standard
                    System Memory Mulitplier - 3.20B
                    DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
                    CAS Latency - 5
                    tRCD - 5
                    tRP - 5
                    tRAS - 15

Advanced Timing Control (submenu)
                    tRRD - 4
                    tWTR - 4
                    tWR - 8
                    tRFC - 68
                    tRTP - 4
                    Command Rate - 2

MCH Core - 1.20V
                    DRAM Voltage - 2.10V

Make sure the memory is installed in slots 2 and 4. Let me know how that goes.

Although DDR2-1066 CL5 is more expensive than DDR2-800 CL5, they are not comparable. DDR2-1066 CL5 is comparable to DDR2-800 CL4, which makes it a great deal to purchase DDR2-1066 to operate at DDR2-800 CL4.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X