• Show
Clear All

• F2 PC6400 PK & Gygabyte GA-M85M-US2H

Hello,

I've just mounted a new machine with the following configuration:
    AMD Athlon II X3 425
    Gigabyte GA M85M US2H Bios version F3 and
    G Skill Extreme 2*2Go PC6400 PK

I have succeded hardly to install Linux Mandriva 2010 and I have a lot of problems of instabillity: black, blue and clear screens after some time of using (30mn in general). I don't have no idea what the pb can be but I have performed several MEMTEST:
    after a cold start there comes several errors after 20mn of test but when the pc is hot there are rapidly hundreds of errors. I have never passed this test with no error. So that is why I am here: is it a memory pb? a memory setup pb? What do I have to check or what should I change (everything is set by default, as I'm not an expert )?

Let me know before I go to my retailer as everything is new (less than a month now).

Thanks

Steph

Well today I have tried to change the DDR2 voltage from [auto] to [+0,2v] than I started the pc. After 30mn working on it my screen started to freeze, no response from keyboard nor mouse and than I got a white screen
    I than launch a Memtest86 to see the results and after 30mn no error... so it seems to work and my pb is elsewhere

As a remark, settings are
    RAM : 400 MHz (DDR800) / CAS : 5-5-5-15 / DDR2 (64 bits)

Going to search in other direction...

Comment

Working...
    X