• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help optimising F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI

Model of the motherboard: LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB
    Model of the memory: F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

What is the problem? I was trying to find the settings for this memory but I have had no luck. Except the typical timings 5-5-5-15 and voltage.

My DFI board has several memory settings I would like to get optimized. (See below) I play FPS games and I play a little with benching, just for fun of course I would like to get the best performance that I should get with this RAM in my current system. Any help would be appreciated in fine tuning these. I am currently running my CPU @ 413X8 or 3300MHz and the memory is running 1100MHz with the 400/1066 strap. This leaves me little room to up my chip that has plenty of room to go. I do not know what these settings should be for the memory and do not want to exceed any settings voiding my warranty.

MCH ODT Latency: ?
    Write to PRE Delay (tWR): ?
    Rank Write to Read (tWTR): ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD): ?
    Read CAS# Precharge (tRTP): ?
    ALL PRE to Refresh: ?

Thanks
    Current GSKILL in use [ SNIPER ] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

MCH ODT Latency is impossible to optimize straight up as it switches between reboots, but around 8-9T would be fine.
    Write to PRE Delay (tWR) as high as you can go has absolutely no speed gain or lost with todays amounts of RAM. 8T ~900Mhz 12T ~1100 15T(or more) ~1200Mhz (This is counted by your board specific X38 which is values I said +7T default)
    Rank Write to Read (tWTR) same row 3T different 5T (raise to 4T and 6T for decent clocks around 1100Mhz or more affects straight up on RAM copy speed)
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) = -1-2T from tRCD is good idea the same as tRCD for stability. Defaults -2T
    Read CAS# Precharge (tRTP) = as high as you can go with out crashing 10T would give pretty good performance boost. default's around 5-8T depending speed.
    ALL PRE to Refresh = ~6-8T has no affect on RAM. (basically these are technology bulls*** to make RAM work better with bad compatibility lose all timing X amount which makes no difference on amounts of RAM we have these days before all RAM is used from 1 controller to move on other.)

all the PRE what ever. are always the same:
    tWTP = tRTP + tPTP + All REF & All PRE delays is good guide line, but in case of speeding up the idea:
    tWTP = tRTP =tPTP + All REG + All PRE = highest optimized idea you can go and higher the REF is higher the RAM speed is.

-edit-

in these sort of timings higher is better lower is slower and higher you go more unstable it becomes (and same effect when you go lower but on lower it can keep up quite damn tight timings). Also in the end it's not your RAM you are trying to get straight up it will be your Northbridge trying to hang-on with your RAM.
    Last edited by genetix; 12-16-2009, 08:20 AM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Thanks very much genetix. I at least have some idea of where to go. I will be off to try this tonight. Thanks again.
      Current GSKILL in use [ SNIPER ] F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Comment

Working...
      X