F2-9600-cl6d-4gbrh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600-cl6d-4gbrh

Just purchased the Gskill Ripjaws F2-9600-CL6D-4GBRH (2x2GB) kit and trying to get to 1200MHz. This is on an old Asus P5B MB with latest bios and E5200 cpu. Settings in bios are fsb 380MHz, ram divisor 2:3, 6-6-6-18, 2.1v for 1140MHz. Passes Memtest86. Anything I try to go higher fails Memtest. Any suggestions?

If you need more information, just ask.

Comment

I doubt the NB can hold this kind of speeds which is the issue. It won't hold them even on very high voltage not to even mention about heat it generates or the idea with how high voltage the NB still stays up and functional and specially you will not get this functional with high FSB that's for sure.

(What I would do in clean considering what you got there would be to run "insane" FSB with core clocked RAM at 1:1 at CL4. Although, I do not know is that E5200 the new 45nm one or old 65nmone which again depends how much it can be OC'd as heat, voltage & max TDP. either way, if you would get anywhere near lets say 450FSB your RAM would 2 times as fast as 1200Mhz where you could even try CL5 1081Mhz on 4:3.)
      Last edited by genetix; 12-14-2009, 04:14 AM.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

So if I understand you correctly, it is a limit of the P965 chipset on the MB. I'll give you some more info, the E5200 is the new 45nm. It seems to have a FSB wall around 333-380MHz. I have been running a E6300 old conroe 65nm on this MB for 3 years at 450MHz with a different RAM at 1:1 for 900MHz. LIke I said originally, I can get this RAM to run stable at 1140 which I'll be happy with, But if it can faster I would like to get it there. Thanks for the help.

Comment

It's actually pretty common limit and it's around 1143Mhz to be exact also on boards like X38, X48, P45. Even if you would raise the NB voltage to exact optimum the problem will be that the voltage is not enough to perform and any higher voltage would unstabilize the NB again with any settings in RAM.

To get pass by this would would need something like 266Mhz strap on Memory controller -> dump 333FSB -> 1200Mhz RAM(basically let is automatical OC all FSB/Straps and 'Auto' everything else except CL6-7-6-17, tRFC, tWR and tRD/performance Level) could be possible, if any are unset = no POST, but that corrected there could be a chance to boot the box stable with something like 3rd latencies tweak tRFC ~65-70T, tWR around 12-15T, but to truly speed up anything it makes absolutely no sense to go over 1100Mhz and anything above CL5-5-4-17.
          Last edited by genetix; 12-15-2009, 07:32 AM.
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Thanks for the information and help.

Comment

Working...
            X