Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK settings for ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK settings for ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe?

Hello everybody,

I have just installed my first set of G-Skill ram: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and hope I can find some assistance on the proper settings I should use.

The ram is installed on an ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe board (it is listed on the boards QVL list) along with an AMD Phenom II 955 CPU and seems ok within windows 7 but on trying some tests I keep getting errors (several with memtest and prime95 aborts as well). Now this model board accepts EPP profiles via its 'SLI memory' setting but on checking with CPU-Z I can see the EPP profile for the ram states a TRC of 48, but the automatic setting the board applies is just 17.

Thinking that setting might be the cause of the errors I have manually changed to TRC to the maximum the board allows (42) but still find I am getting those errors within memtest and other testing tools.

At the moment this is not presenting an issue as Windows seems stable enough (encoded a large media file ok) but I would greatly appreciate any advice on what settings I should be trying as I don't think it would be wise for me to ignore the errors I have seen lightly.

My thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give.

No need to manually set anything else besides memory frequency, timings, and voltage. Make sure memory frequency is set to DDR2-1066, memory timings tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - tRAS 15 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage should be set to 2.10V. Once that is complete everything else will be able to pick up correctly for a smooth operation.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you.

Is leaving the TRC at 17 (that is what gets automatically applied) ok?

Edit: Found out that 17 is assigned when the SLI ram profile is selected. Disabling that and entering settings as above (but leaving TRC to auto) and it gets set to 32.

Have not tried any stress tests yet but hopefully that should do the trick.
      Last edited by Wobbly; 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Just to update:
        Still having 'harware failure' errors with Prime95 (though this could just be trying to run that within Windows 7) but passed a 20 minute OCCT test fine.

Did still get errors with a run of Memtest86 though, but after reading legacy USB support in the bios being enabled might be the cause of that I disabled that option and the ram then passed without errors (Only ran 4 passes of the test but it seems ok).

No issues I can see in Windows atm so all looks well.

My thanks again for the advice on the settings.

Comment

Working...
        X