Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK & Gigab MA780G-UD3H

Hello Gskill,

I am trying without success to get my mobo to run 8GB of this GSkill memory @1066. I have a PhenomII 720 B/E in the board. I OC'd the cpu by simply upping the multiplier from 14 to 16.

I changed my NB voltage to 1.4 volts and changed the TRFC. I tried 195 and got memory problem diagnosis after running the Vista Memory Diagnostic Tool. I then changed the TRFC to the 327 or whatever the next default option was in this bios and the diagnosis for the memory was all good. BTW, I also upped my memory voltage to 2.1 volts. I was happy with that result.

Then I ran Prime 95 to see how stable the setup was and all 3 workers quit within 2 minutes.
    When I crank the memory back down to 800 MHz and back all the voltages down, I can Prime 95 for hours with no issues. (with the CPU still being OC'd to X16 on standard voltage)

I have great cooling in my case and my core temps never get over 42c during Prime 95.

Is there something I'm missing? I really want to be able to run this memory at 1066.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit. I have a 700 watt PSU and 3 120 mm fans with an H50 CPU cooler.

I am a complete novice and this is my first build, so go easy on me, please. LOL

Thanks

Do you have the basic timings set properly? The 720 processor may be having issues operating 8GB at DDR2-1066, especially with this motherboard. AMD states that it is limited to one DIMM per channel. If you have HT Voltage in BIOS, try increasing that to 1.40V to see if that will stabilize the system.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X