• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M3N78-VM and AMD Phenom X3 8750

Model of the motherboard:ASUS M3N78-VM
    Model of the memory:F2-8500CL5S-1GBPK x2
    Model of the CPU:AMD Phenom X3 8750 Black Edition Toliman

I'm new to the intricacies of memory settings, so please excuse my newbish-ness.
    I'm unable to get the machine to post when configured with the above combination of components. If I swap out the Gskill ram for some Similar Kingston Hyper-x ram my friend has, the machine boots without issue. Currently I have a single core AM2 processor in it and it works normally, though obviously a bit sluggish. The only bios setting, as far as ram is concerned, that I have messed with is trying to for 800mhz operation instead of the 1066mhz that would normally happen with an AM2+ chip.

Any help would be appreciated, I have used G.Skill ram many times before, and have been quite satisfied in the past.

Set the DRAM Frequency to DDR2-800. For timings, set them to tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 4 - tRAS 12 - Command Rate 2T. DRAM Voltage 2.10V.

Save and exit. Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I think I have everything setup right, the only thing I'm stumped on is the memory voltage as the bios does it in millivolts. I tried it with the setting in the attached screen shot, still with no post. If you have any other insight, or can correct me on my silly settings.

...and thank you for the fast response!

Last edited by JRimo; 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

DRAM Timing Mode - Both
        Memory Over voltage - +200.00mV

Save and exit, everything should run smoothly.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          DRAM Timing Mode - Both
          I don't have the option for both, but I should explain. I have to use the single core AM2 processor to get into the bios to change these settings, I don't have the option like this. If I use my friend's Kingston RAM and the new AM2+ processor, I have the option, and I changed all the settings to match, then switched back to the GSKILL ram, but no luck. You think it might just be a compatibility issue? I appreciate your assistance regardless.

Comment

Keeping it at DCT0 but increasing the memory voltage, did they incur any positive results?

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X