Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI + ASUS P5Q PRO issues

Hi Guys,

Having Issues with this ram in my board G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI, my system just becomes very unstable wont post BOSD locks up etc etc. Runs fine with just the one stick of 2gb either or but as soon as you put both in it just crashes. Ive this ram in other machines and it runs fine and I've also put a Kingston 4gb kit in my board and it runs fine, just doesn't like the G Skill.

I'm running

E8500
    ASUS P5Q PRO
    G Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI
    BFG Tech 8800 GTS OC2 320mb
    Antec Earth Watts 500w

Win Vista Ultimate
    BIOS Version 2102 all stock clock speeds

P.S. Ive tried putting them in every possible combination i can think of but i doesn't make any difference.

Thanks

Can you post your BIOS settings

Comment

well, if it's clean stock it's 5-5-5-15, 2.00v and running at 800Mhz unless for some magical reason BIOS detects the Performance Profile of modules. Anyway, that's 6:5 on 333Mhz, if 1066Mhz is detected.

If you are running 800Mhz 5-5-5-15:
      -check the slots should be either on slot 1 and 3 OR 2 and 4 preferable 2 and 4 as it has nicer fine delay for stability.

if it's running 1066Mhz on post and keeps crashing:
      -Check that the voltage for RAM is manually set correct
      -Either manually raise the 'tRD' or 'Performance Level' by +1-2T (ASUS Ai Booster) OR simply disable RAM 'Static read Control' (which automated it to 10-12T which ain't nice, but works).
      -tRRD to 4T
      -tRFC to 65t
      -tWR to 8T

MemTest86+ would be ideal, if you could test with it when you get it running, but windows + IBT(IntelBurnTest v2.3) would do quite nicely as well as crash dummy. ;P
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
      X