RAM measurements and differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM measurements and differences

Hello, I have been looking for the height measurements for the PC2 9600 PI and Trident
    (F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI, F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD) memory sticks but can't seem to find them anywhere. I need to know the height because I have a Thermalright CPU cooler that will be in the way if the memory is to tall with the heat sinks. I can turn it but then I will have to find a way to rig the side mount fan.

Also, what are the differences between the PI and Trident? I know the Trident is low voltage, but is that it? What qualifies it for the award on G Skill's website?

System Specs:
    Windows XP 32bit
    Asus P5Q Pro motherboard
    E8400 OC to 4.2 GHz
    OCZ Fatality 1066 RAM

I know all 4Gbs won't show up on XP. I am planning on upgrading to Windows 7 64bit sooner or later so it won't really matter.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Chasse

The PI's are roughly 2.15" in total height, almost double the standard memory size. The Tridents are the same except they are only that tall at the highest point. There has been previous info specifically about this, so if you do some searching you could find more exact measurements.

The differences between the two is that the Tridents have better heat spreaders and they have different IC chips.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X