F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with Asus M4A785-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with Asus M4A785-M

Hello, having issues setting timings using the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with Asus M4A785-M
    Running a AMD X2 550 at 3.1ghz.

Have new bios loaded, 0406, was able to unlock other 2 core without issues.
    I have tried to adjust timings to 533 and AUTO everthings else and to 5-5-5 15, 2t and 48. Tried voltage from 1.995 to 2.115. Only runs stable at 400 (800), 5-5-5-15, 2T AND 48.
    Have not tried any other BIOS settings. Everytime system would boot, but would hang up. Temps are not an issue. Powersupply is working without issues.

thanks for your help

Make sure memory voltage is at least 2.10V. SB/HT Voltage will need to be increased to 1.40V. Leave tRC to AUTO, 48 is the maximum and may be way too loose. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Here are the results, just to double check, in BIOS, I changed the settings under, HT OVER Voltage. I tried HT @ 1.305 and 1.380, which is the max. Set Dram voltage to 2.10 I changed from 400 to 533. System booted first time and registered 1066 instead of 800, but soon crashed. Settings were auto, 5-5-7-20, 2t, 24. I changed voltage to max, 1.380, and system would not boot. I tried manual, 5-5-5-18, 2t and auto and it would just reboot as it tried to go into windows.

I relaxed back to 400 (800), left it at dram voltage 2.10 and HT at 1.380 and it booted up fine. I rebooted again and set timings at 400, 4-4-4-15, 2.10 and the rest auto, booted and stessed test and all ran fine.

Any other suggestions would be a help. thanks

Comment

Sounds like the motherboard/CPU combination can not provide a solid HT and as a result is unable to operate DDR2-1066. I would suggest DDR2-800 with timings 4-4-4-12, memory voltage 2.0V, HT Voltage 1.380V. You can also try raising the CPU Clock Frequency from 200 and up to see how far it will go until stable with those settings, but otherwise according to your test results it will not be able to stabilize at DDR2-1066. You may be able to reach DDR2-900, and that would actually be faster than DDR2-1066 with CL5 timings.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have this same combo of board, cpu and memory and mine has worked fine since I built it.

Settings:

HT OVER Voltage 1.38

Memory Clock Mode Manual
          Memclock Value 533mHz
          DRAM Timing Mode DCT 0
          TCL 5 CLK
          TRCD 5 CLK
          TRP 5 CLK
          tTRP 3-5 CLK
          TRAS 15 CLK
          TRC 41 CLK
          tWR 8 CLK
          TRRD 6 CLK
          tRWTT0 Auto
          tWRRD Auto
          tWTR 6 CLK
          tWRWR Auto
          tRDRD Auto
          tRFC0 127.5 ns
          tRFC1 127.5 ns
          tRFC2 Auto
          tRFC3 Auto

Memory OVER Voltage 2.01000

Chipset Voltage
          Chipset OVER Voltage 1.20500

I adapted the settings above from what GSkill sent me and what I am using on my ASUS M4A78 Pro and M3A76-CM motherboards. I just tried to get as close to what GSkill recommended as possible.

Hope this helps.

RevBC

Comment

Thanks for sharing RevBC! =)

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Try as we might

Tried the settings above, but system hung, BSOD or just would not boot. I tried changing a few settings but nothing worked. Running 4-4-4-12,24,2t, v2.100, ganged (dual) and it runs great. Not sure were to go now.

thanks

Comment

Did you increase SB/HT Voltage to 1.4V? Many 550 processors have stability issues operating DDR2-1066.

Your current setup is just as fast, if not faster, as DDR2-1066 CL5.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Continue to work

Hello, yes, the max for that board is 1.38 volts. I tried that and Dram voltage from 2 - 2.115. I tried manual and auto settings in different spots. Yes, it runs very well at 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 volts. It aslo is running all 4 cores in ganged mode. I tried ganged and unganged for the settings the previous post.

thanks for the help.

Comment

Same concept, different RAM and CPU

Hey guys,

I'm quite a newbie at this stuff but I'm getting some things down here and there.

My rig is same MoBo, AMD Phenom X4 9950, and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B.
                    Please let me know if more info is required and what, in order for me to meet my goal.

Do all these settings apply to my scenario, (trying to achieve as close as possible to 1066)?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Diff Cpu and ram

Hello, yes, the settings would be the same even if your CPU is diferent. I unlocked the other 2 cores and it runs stable. I have the memory in the blue slots, but was never able to get system to run stable at 1066. I might try the black slots to see but memetest did not find anything wrong with my memory. Like a lot of folks there seems to be issues at 1066. I have over clocked the FSB and it runs at higher speed just find, temps seem all find at 4-4-4-12. Running the 406 bios, might update to 506 and post results.

Comment

For starters, manually set the memory frequency, timings (5-5-5-15), and voltage (2.10v) in your bios.
                        Leave all other memory settings on auto.
                        If this doesn't work for some reason, report back here with your problem.
                        AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                        Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                        ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                        2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                        SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                        Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                        Corsair HX850W Modular
                        Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                        2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

5-5-5-15 does not work

timings 5-5-5-15, RAM=533Mhz, RAM Volt.= 2.1 HT Volt.=1.38 not a chance of working. System just reboots right after post.

Timings 4-4-4-12 with settings recommended by G Skill support in "reply#4" starts system up no problems. System is stable with these settings, but how can I tell that the RAM in 4-4-4-12=ddr800 is running if not the same as, faster than 5-5-5-15=ddr1066?

Comment

did you already update the BIOS to the latest 0503?
                            we don't have this board in hand, but if there is still no higher voltage, we'll reflect this issue tio ASUS to fix
                            thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                            X