No announcement yet.

F2-6400CL5D 4 Sticks in GA-EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried those and errors started very early on in Memtest, then Memtest actually froze. Tried it three more times, same result.

Comment

Try testing each stick or set separately before using all four. You may have a bad stick causing you the issues. Keep us posted on the results and we will be able to further troubleshoot the issue for you.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I've done that twice already. All sticks and slots are fine.

Comment

Looks like there are no further suggestions?

Corsair here I come...

Comment

Hi, I have been having the same types of issues with my setup.

-Windows 7 Ultimate.
            -Gigabyte EP45-UD3R rev 1.1 motherboard.
            -8 gigabytes of Gskill "2Gx2|GSK F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK R"
            -CPU Intel|C2Q Q9400 2.66G 775 45N R
            -Video Card ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5
            -Power supply APEVIA|ATX-WA900W
            -HD is a WD 320 gig SATA.
            -Case XCLIO|A380BK - Full tower, 2 250mm fans.

So this was to be my gaming rig. I assembled it and installed windows 7 64 bit with no problems. I play World of Warcraft and that is when I noticed something was wrong. The game would only run for a random amount of time never more than 20 mins. straight. I booted up my Ultimate Boot cd and ran memtest86 while i slept. After 9 hours of scanning the bottom half of my screen was red with errors.

Next I booted my computer with each stick individually and ran memtest86 again to check for the bad memory. Each stick passed individual tests ranging from 3-8 passes each. I tried changing alot of the settings but things only got worse and the ram was hot to the touch.

At this point I put 2 sticks in slots 1 and 3, reset the bios to default everything plus auto, and crash. I put sticks in slots 2 and 4, with default settings and the computer runs fine. I am not sure what I should try next to get all 8 gigs of memory to work in this computer?
            Current Setup
            ==============================
            -Windows 7 Ultimate.

Comment

I feel your pain Curt.

Except for the precise versions of our mobos, we pretty much have the same specs.

I have another thread at :
              http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/need...tml#post325254

With some more details. I'm thinking the Corsair's 4 stick matched set may be the best option, although they could be problematic too.

what i do know is that i'm done with GSKILL and their trial and error approach at troubleshooting... pathetic.

Comment

agreed.

I shouldn't have to go into my bios at all if my motherboard is rated to accept higher than 8 gigs of ram and also speeds higher than 1066, just to get this particular set of ram to work. I like how it works fine with 2 sticks in slots 2 and 4 tho without adjusting any of the settings.... now why not 8 gigs?

I think we need to find some "low voltage" 1066 ddr2 ram. Maybe the 1.8v stuff will just work.

-Curtis
                Current Setup
                ==============================
                -Windows 7 Ultimate.

Comment

hmm, couple things. I can't recall which of you said 'Test #2' fails or very early. This is error check on minimum which would indicate couple values.

POST I am referring to change settings can be found:
                  http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....7&postcount=15 <-here from G.Skill Make the below modifications to that.

tWR........................................6....: 6 --->>> Add this as 10T
                  tRFC.......................................52...: 80 --->>> Drop this back to 52-60T

Add these to Channel A & B:
                  Static tRead Value.........................:AUTO --->>> Drop these on both channels to disable (This affects speed alot)
                  Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:AUTO --->>> 6T
                  Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:AUTO --->>> 6T
                  Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:AUTO --->>> 8T

MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< 1.000V --->>> Switch this back to 'AUTO'.

and try with this one. leave everything else as 'AUTO' except voltages as MCH, MCH reference & vDIMM.

This should all in all give you with 1.900 error free operation on memtest up to Test #5. If this fails = Voltage is too low, if this doesn't fail but tests #4 or #7 fails this means usually that latencies are still too tight to error. In this case, if you guys/gals ain't willing to dump up voltages a bit I have to suggest 'tRCD' lower to 6T this would kill rest of errors and for final when you do find an stable the tRD is large settings atm for testing. It will need to be dropped manually to decent performance levels because no 'Static Read' 'enabled'. So, good would be Static read enabled check the 'Performance level' or tRD and +1T to all of those values and disable the static reading again.
                  Last edited by genetix; 10-09-2009, 06:22 PM.
                  "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                  http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

The proper adjustments needed are located here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1169

These adjustments are necessary because the motherboard itself is not made for plug and play for 8GB. First, the JEDEC maximum standard is DDR2-800, anything above that is an enhanced performance profile which is why it has to be manually set to the correct settings. Second, the motherboard memory controller is stressed out when operating full slots at full speed, hence the NB/MCH Core Voltage increase to stabilize it. Although the motherboard states it can operate DDR2-1066 and 8GB, it is not expressly implied that it can do both at the same time.

You think G.Skill is the only company that has this issue? Do some research or purchase another memory and realize it for yourself.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Umm, excuse me, but who said anything about 1066, this is 800 ram, which is the speed I'm trying to run it at!

Comment

GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1) mobo with Q9400
                        with
                        4x2GB G.SKILL Dual Channel F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ (Total 8GB)

Comment

Sorry about that, misread the post.

If one set is having an issue, while the other is not, then you may have a defective stick or set. Simply send that stick in for new replacements. Once you receive the new replacements, enter the settings in my initial post and everything should be running smoothly.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT
                          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X