• Show
Clear All

• ASRock AOD790GX/128M + F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Info :

Mobo : AOD790GX/128M
    Cpu : AMD X2 Athlon 7750 BE 2.7GHz AM2+
    Bios : 1.6
    Ram : F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

The problem I have is that the ram runs at 800MHz not 1066MHz so plz help to make it run at the max rated speed.

what settings do I have to adjust in the bios. I got an AMI bios on that board.

My bios has the following settings:

Memory Clock
    This item can be set by the code using [Auto]. You can set one of the standard
    values as listed: [200 MHz (DDR2 400)], [266 MHz (DDR2 533)],
    [333 MHz (DDR2 667)] and [400MHz (DDR2 800)]. If you adopt Phenom CPU,
    there is one more option: [533MHz (DDR2 1066)]

Flexibility Option
    The default value of this option is [Disabled]. It will allow better tolerance for
    memory compatibility when it is set to [Enabled].

CAS Latency (CL)
    Use this item to adjust the means of memory accessing. Configuration options:
    [Auto], [3CLK], [4CLK], [5CLK] and [6CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRCD
    Use this to adjust TRCD values. Configuration options: [Auto], [3CLK], [4CLK],
    [5CLK] and [6CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRP
    Use this to adjust TRP values. Configuration options: [Auto], [3CLK], [4CLK],

TRTP
    Use this to adjust TRTP values. Configuration options: [Auto], [2-4CLK] and
    [3-5CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRAS
    Use this to adjust TRAS values. Configuration options: [Auto], [5CLK] to
    [18CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRRD
    Use this to adjust TRRD values. Configuration options: [Auto], [2CLK], [3CLK],
    [4CLK] and [5CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRC
    Use this to adjust TRC values. Configuration options: [11CLK] to [25CLK]. The
    default value is [Auto].

TWR
    Use this to adjust TWR values. Configuration options: [Auto], [3CLK], [4CLK],

TWTR
    Use this to adjust TWTR values. Configuration options: [Auto], [1CLK], [2CLK]
    and [3CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TRWTTO
    This option appears only when you adopt AM2 CPU. Use this to adjust TRWTTD
    values. Configuration options: [Auto], [2CLK], [3CLK], [4CLK], [5CLK], [6CLK],
    [7CLK], [8CLK] and [9CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

TWRRD
    This option appears only when you adopt AM2 CPU. Use this to adjust TWRRD
    values. Configuration options: [Auto], [0CLK], [1CLK], [2CLK] and [3CLK].
    The default value is [Auto].

TWRWR
    This option appears only when you adopt AM2 CPU. Use this to adjust TWRWR
    values. Configuration options: [Auto], [1CLK], [2CLK] and [3CLK]. The default
    value is [Auto].

TRDRD
    This option appears only when you adopt AM2 CPU. Use this to adjust TRWTTD
    values. Configuration options: [Auto], [2CLK], [3CLK], [4CLK] and [5CLK].
    The default value is [Auto].

MA Timing
    Use this to adjust values for MA timing. Configuration options: [Auto], [2T],
    [1T]. The default value is [Auto].

Addr/Cmd Fine Delay
    Use this to adjust values for Addr/Cmd Fine Delay feature. Configuration options:
    [Auto], [No Delay], [1/64CLK] to [31/64CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

CS/ODT Fine Delay
    Use this to adjust values for CS/ODT Fine Delay feature. Configuration options:
    [Auto], [No Delay], [1/64CLK] to [31/64CLK]. The default value is [Auto].

Bank Interleaving
    Interleaving allows memory accesses to be spread out over banks on the same
    node, or accross nodes, decreasing access contention.

here is my mobo website

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.as...=AOD790GX/128M

Thanx in advance.

533MHz (DDR2 1066)
    Flexibility Option - Enabled
    CAS Latency (CL) - 5CLK
    TRCD - 5CLK
    TRP - 5CLK
    TRTP - 4CLK
    TRAS - 15CLK
    TRRD - 4CLK
    TRC - 30CLK
    TWR - 8CLK

Everything else can be AUTO. Make sure to set memory voltage to 2.1V. If you have HT Voltage, make sure to set that to 1.4V. Otherwise, save and exit and your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Similar Issue

I know this is an old thread, but the info presented in the OP is exactly the same for my MB and RAM kit. I did all these settings that the tech posted and my memory reported as only running at 200mHz each stick (in cpu-z)! The timings are also not what I set them at in the BIOS (as reported in cpu-z as well). Any suggestions?

One more thing. The voltage for the RAM in BIOS can only be set to [2.0][2.05] then bumps up to [2.15]. Which setting should be used? Don't want to damage it by putting it too high of a voltage.

This problem is independant to this RAM as well. I have a 4gb 800mHz kit from another company that runs fine at their correct settings.

CPU: Phenom II 940 BE at stock
      MB: AsRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

I got this memory kit as a birthday gift, so the RMA limit for Newegg is already passed, so I'd like to get these to work =/
      Last edited by Sladekazin; 10-08-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Check your BIOS version, you may not have the latest one to accept your specific CPU and memory. For memory voltage, 2.15V will be fine. Keep me posted on the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

The latest BIOS is 1.80, but I have 1.60 which is recent enough for both the CPU and memory. I set it at 2.15v, but still no luck.

One thing I did notice though: I installed the latest version of HWMonitor to check voltages. I believe VIN1 on the monitor is the memory voltage?? If this is the case, then I don't think the memory is getting the correct voltage. No matter what I set the voltage at in the BIOS, the VIN1 reports it as 1.65-1.70v, which is WAY below what it needs to be, even for my DDR2 800.

Could someone confirm that VIN1 is the memory voltage, and any suggestions as to how I can get the voltage to the correct value?? Thanks!

Comment

Check to see if there are Memory Voltage readings in BIOS, those are typically more accurate than programs since many times they don't read actual values.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It does not list currect memory voltage in the BIOS at all, only the 3.3v, 5v, 12v and VCore values. Any other way to make sure the memory is getting the correct voltage?

Comment

Sladwkazin, you should be fine with setting your memory voltage to 2.05v.
                I also have an ASRock board, mine goes from 2.08 then 2.14v as the next setting (mine is set at 2.08).
                If this helps, these are the only settings I have made in my bios (everything else is on auto):
                CAS latency (CL).....5
                TRCD.....5
                TRP.....5
                TRAS.....15
                MA Timing.....2T (or just leave on auto)

And of course, you will need to set the frequency to 533 MHz (1066).

D/L and install the ASRock OC Tuner, then under Hardware Monitor, you'll see your DRAM voltage.
                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                Corsair HX850W Modular
                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
                X