F2-8500-CL5D 4gb(2x2gb) with Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500-CL5D 4gb(2x2gb) with Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

I have been having loads of problem with my computers upon built, at first I thought I could handle the once in a while BSOD but now its unbearable.. I built this computer around June / July. Using the ram and motherboard on the title with GTX 260, Intel Q9550 at 2.83 GHZ and an old western digital 80gb hard drive for OS and new 1.5 TB sea gate hard drive for storage / games. I have been crashing my games anywhere from 2 minutes to hours of game play and now it is frequent within minutes. Also loads of BSOD like Memory_Management, IRQL_Not_Or_Less_Equal and Index_mismatch etc etc. My Ram is set to 5-5-5-15 timing on 2.1 Voltage.

hello

have you tried the settings in the guide?
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1169

also here is my thread about the problems i was having, maybe they can be of help.
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1373

Comment

I tried to memtest the ram as well I did 1st slot with 1 ram and 3rd slot with 1 ram individually and it both worked for 1 hr for 3 passes no errors so I decided to dual channel them and they will start up the test to 5% and the computer reboots during dual channel... but on single it works perfectly no errors..

Comment

Does this sound like a faulty motherboard? or a Faulty PSU / faulty ram? My cousin said this might be a faulty motherboard so I want to make sure its not the ram and if theres any way not the PSU either... So I don't waste time trying to RMA a not defective item.

Comment

Have you tried dual channel in slots 2 and 4? Assuming you used 1 and 3 for dual channel.. Keep me posted on the results. It is definitely the memory or motherboard, but typically if each memory module checks out at 1066 individually, it is the motherboard. Test the other 2 slots and see what happens.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have tested using all slot possible, using 1 3, 2 4, 12, 14, 2 3,2 4 and they don't work dual channel on memtest. Also now I'm only getting BSOD after I updated my Bios to F9..I can only run the setup on Safe Mode..

Comment

If you purchased it within 30 days, contact your original place of purchase for an exchange. If it is beyond that, please visit our website at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures. You will need to download and complete the RMA Form then email it to me for an RMA number to return the defective memory sticks.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know. The new set should be much better.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have emailed you the Form. Awaiting the RMA # Thanks. Also do you think it could be my motherboard too?

Comment

Sounds like a bad stick, but the new replacement will tell us if the motherboard is bad. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have played around in Bios. After setting the times manually and changing the MCH core I got it to work stably. I haven't had a crash in awhile I am awaiting more tests later. So far I have passed Intel Burn Test, LinX, OCCT tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X