No announcement yet.

Memory for Asus MB P5K-se, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for Asus MB P5K-se, Please Help!

Good morning

I am writing to request help in choosing my new memory for my MB Asus P5K-SE, according to the QVL can not put a 2x2 modules of 1066 Mhz, but I have seen in several Reviews of the models that use memory Kingston Hyper X 2x2, my idea is to put a set of reports of this type: [PI Black] F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B, which are found in Argentina by $ 100, this model is Micron D9 chipset?
    If you can help me please because I would not buy a product and not being able to use it or configure it properly.
    Another option is the [Trident] F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD but they told me they bring Elpidia chipset and not paid like the Micron

My system is:
    Model of Mother: Asus P5K-se
    Model of CPU: E4500 2.2Mhz

Use the Google Transalta writing, they apologize if it is not understood very well.

Best regards.

Federico
    Last edited by Fedepolito; 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM.

Estoy utilizando el traductor, por lo que me disculpe si mi espa?ol no es correcto. Con esa placa base, debe ser capaz de funcionar tanto conjunto. No hemos tenido ning?n problema con las placas base ASUS P5-, por lo que todos deben ser buenos. Al instalar la memoria, s?lo aseg?rese de configurar los tiempos de la memoria, la frecuencia y la tensi?n en la BIOS. Si no, puede funcionar incorrectamente desde la JEDEC est?ndar m?xima de la placa base es DDR2-800. Si tiene problemas despu?s, no dudes en hac?rnoslo saber y le ayudaremos a conseguir su equipo funcionando sin problemas.

Gracias
    GSKILL SUPPORT

i am using the translator, so excuse me if my Spanish is not proper. With that motherboard, you should be able to run either set. We have not had any issues with the ASUS P5- motherboards, so all should be good. When you install the memory, just make sure to configure memory timings, frequency, and voltage in the BIOS. If not, it may operate incorrectly since the JEDEC maximum standard for the motherboard is DDR2-800. If you have issues then, please feel free to let us know and we will help you get your computer running smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Translation = Excellent! Jaja

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.
      Buy model [PI Black] F2-8500CL5D-and B-4GBPI'll set it to 5-5-5-15 with 2.1V, all this by hand.
      I set up some other value? Because I saw that after the Timming still other values in my model of motherboard.
      I think that in the Bios are tRFC, TWR and others, I look good when I get home from work to see and edit the other values.

Best regards

Federico.

Comment

H?gamelo saber los valores por defecto de la placa madre es recoger de los otros tiempos, como tRFC, TRC, TWR, etc porque son importantes y me dir? la forma en que la placa madre es el gusto de la memoria.

Usted ha dicho que has comprado la memoria, ?c?mo es en la configuraci?n de Auto?

Gracias
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Let me know the default values the motherboard is picking up for the other timings such as tRFC, tRC, tWR, etc. because those are important and will tell me how the motherboard is liking the memory.

You said you purchased the memory, how is it on AUTO settings?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Good evening
          Sorry to respond so late
          In a previous answer you told me that if I already had the memories, I have no memories, but I will lend them a friend.
          These are the values taken with cpuz and everything in the MotherBoard to Auto
          Memory:
          [ PI Black] F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B
          [IMG][/IMG]

With Everest
          [IMG][/IMG]

Then I went to my BIOS and pull up the FSB to 266, put the memory to 1066, DramTimming to Auto and DRAM Voltage to 2.1V, These are the values cpuz:
          [IMG][/IMG]

With Everest

[IMG][/IMG]

After pull up the memory to 1066Mhz, I put the UT3 and played about 15 minutes after the game and
          present a problem and had to be closed, there was no blue screen shot at any time.
          If you need some other value or running program in order to gain a broader picture, please let me know.

While waiting for the appropriate values that you give me to get the full benefits of this product.

Best Regards and good weekend

Federico

Comment

Something is going on with your tRFC, especially at DDR2-800. It shows 150+ in the first picture!

In your BIOS, manually set tRFC to 60 and see if that will stabilize the computer.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

If I saw this and was surprised but did not present instability 800Mhz
              Unfortunately I have no memory here, I have already returned to my friend.
              Note that in everest to 800Mhz tRFC is 51.
              At the moment I put a memory Super Talent 2x1GB 800MHz 5-5-5-18 tRFC and has a 54.
              I think CPUZ present a conflict with these memos.
              In any case if you need proof, I will ask my friend to give me the back, until I buy a month's fines

Greetings

Federico

Comment

Good evening
                Buy the memory, I'll put the photos with Everest and CPU-Z , I think that this version of CPU-Z has an error, there is some other way of proving the tRFC?
                Because when I will have only the CPU-Z pulls the next value tRFC = 184
                All Auto in Bios

But when there will be CPU-Z and Everest, the value is fixed at the same showing the Everest, see:

Cpu-z and Everest with tRFC = 42 and 800 Mhz memory, see that the system is shown correctly, but only if there will be two, if there will be only to CPU-Z returns to the erroneous value 184

Third Test
                Bus = 266, Timming = Auto Dram, Dram Volt = 2.1V
                Cpu-z only, the same problem

Continued in another post because it will not let me put more images

Comment

Cpu-z and Everest at 1066 Mhz

Awaiting your response, to know what the best settings for my PC and maximize performance.
                  Any other value which sets out, please let me know

Best regards
                  Federico.

Comment

So you have the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B now?

What type of issues/errors are you having? tWR should be 8-10, 14 is very high. Otherwise all other settings look OK, maybe raise the tRFC to 60 if you are having stability issues. With Memory Voltage at 2.1V, everything should be running smoothly.

What is your FSB frequency?

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      So you have the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B now?

What type of issues/errors are you having? tWR should be 8-10, 14 is very high. Otherwise all other settings look OK, maybe raise the tRFC to 60 if you are having stability issues. With Memory Voltage at 2.1V, everything should be running smoothly.

What is your FSB frequency?

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT
                      Good evening
                      Yes I have the this model now [ PI Black] F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B

"What type of issues/errors are you having?"
                      I have no errors or instability on my computer, everything works OK, I can play and I have no kind of problems

"tWR should be 8-10, 14 is very high"
                      Ok, This value was well TWR = Auto, now in TWR = Manual and put the value 8, see:
                      Over Cloking the system , FSB=266 Mhz, Dram Timmings= Manual/5-5-5-18 and put tWR=8 (Everything else on auto), Dram Volt=2.1

"maybe raise the tRFC to 60 if you are having stability issues. With Memory Voltage at 2.1V, everything should be running smoothly"
                      I can not put tRFC = 60, the maximum value that allows me my motherboard is tRFC = 42, in photographs of previous post I have a photo with the value tRFC=42, and presents no problem of instability, tRFC = Auto the system gave me the value of 52
                      Look at this picture:

"What is your FSB frequency?"
                      when I Gamming the FSB=266
                      When the system is at rest FSB=200

My query is as follows
                      I have 2 profiles on my machine:
                      1 - All in Auto, is for when working in Word, Excel, blah, blah. The memory are put in 800Mhz
                      2 - OC when I gamming, FSB = 266 Dram Volt = 2.1, see the first photo of this post and see that I talk.

I'll have problems if my memories working on 800Mhz? so that the system is refreshed when not playing, the FSB is set to 200.

Now I'm going to play whit OC and put the value TWR = 8 and test its stability.

Please await your response to get the maximum benefit of these memory.

If you need some value, picture or use another program to verify, please let me know

Best regards
                      Federico

Comment

Working...
                      X