Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + XFX MB750I72P9 Bios Settings (Memory Timer Settings and Voltages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + XFX MB750I72P9 Bios Settings (Memory Timer Settings and Voltages)

Motherboard: XFX MB750I72P9
    Memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    CPU: E6600

While the system boots fine at 2.1V for the RAM and 800 for the memory, as soon as I start pushing the memory to 1066 and give it 5-5-5-15, it starts giving me boot issues. From reading the other threads I've tested varies timings and voltages for the memory, northbridge and southbridge with no luck. While it's booted occasionally, a quick MemTest+ results in errors from the get go.

Personally I think the bios is a piece of crap because it does not give you the control that previous bioses(?) that I've used have. That being said, all the settings I do have to set to get this to work are available. Could someone help me figure out the right timings and voltages. I'm fine increasing the voltages as long as I don't blow anything.

Thanks!

Oh, currently I have the memory in slots 2 and 4, and have received the same issues in slots 1 and 3.

Comment

I can't seem to find a copy of your BIOS, so I can't tell you exactly what to change.

Make sure to always set memory frequency to 1066, memory timings to 5-5-5-15-Command Rate 2, and memory voltage 2.1V. Does the motherboard show default values for Advanced Timings? If so, list them so I can get an idea of how the motherboard is liking the memory. If not, post up some screen shots so I can see what you have available to configure.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Attached are some images extracted from the manual (they aren't the best quality). It has screenshots of the bios and the available settings. Unfortunately I'm not home right now to take pictures and/or test. Once you suggest some timings, I'll try them out.

I can send the manual if you can provide an email address to email it to.

Thanks.

Comment

Set FSB Clock to 1333 or 1600.
          Memory Clock - 1066

Mamory Timings - Manual
          CAS Latency - 5
          tRCD - 5
          tRP - 5
          tRAS - 15
          tRRD - 4
          tRC - 24-30
          tWR - 8
          tWTR - 4
          tREF - 7.7
          1T/2T Memory Timing - 2T

Let me know how that works.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So far still no go on the memory timings.

Right now I successfully booted with the following changed:

FSB Clock: 1333

Voltages (as on the bios screen):
            CPU: 0.1V
            MEM: 2.1V
            VTT FSB: 1.3
            NB: 1.2
            SB: 1.5

CPU-Z states the memory settings for the RAM are:
            DRAM Frequency: 400 MHz
            FSBRAM: 5:6
            CL: 5
            tRCD: 5
            tRP: 5
            tRAS: 15
            tRC: 24
            CR: 2T

I feel that I may need to change the NB/SB/MEM voltages to make the memory speed and timings work. Any ideas?

Comment

With the settings you listed above, and the memory timings I listed above, what are the results of that? Try that if you have not done so.

Also, I don't understand why CPU Voltage shows as 0.00V. Seems like it is +x.xxV, but it doesn't seem that way. When you are on the CPU Voltage option, what information does it have on the right side? You simply may not have enough voltage to boot up. With that processor, you should be able to run a 1600FSB with memory at 1066, so let me know how it goes and hopefully we can figure this out.

Voltages look fine to operate this memory though..

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I tried the memory settings with the above processor based settings. No luck.

CPU Voltage is the additional voltage supplied to the CPU in addition to a standard value I found on a different page. That bios page is not in the manual so I'll have to take a photo later if you want to see it.

On the right hand side, the bios gives information on the voltage ranges. For example, says that GREY is default, WHITE is safe and RED is not recommended. My options are to increase or decrease and even that is in steps.

I can try pushing the FSB to 1600 and reduce the CPU multiplier from 9 to something lower (I'm not trying to overclock it beyond 3.0 GHz).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comment

That's what I assumed for CPU Voltage, but it's just weird because it's the only one like that. I would try the FSB at 1600 and of course lowering CPU respectively, to see if that may be holding the memory back for whatever reason. Sometimes the combination simply does not like FSBRAM ratio so that may be casuing the issue. Otherwise, it should definitely operate at the current settings. What type of issues are you currently having? Let me know specifically, maybe I'll get another idea.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X