No announcement yet.

F2-6400CL5-2GBNT 2x2gb... max voltage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5-2GBNT 2x2gb... max voltage?

Hi, I'm working with an older kit here, a Q6600 on a Gigabyte EP43-US3L motherboard with 2 of these sticks. (F2-6400CL5-2GBNT)

What is the maximum voltage I can use on these? I've seen posts on overclocking forums about similar (but different) sticks that have successful, stable overclocks with 2.1 volts, and I'd like to know if I can do something similar, if necessary.

I understand that overvolting ram can be a risk, and I'm ok with that. I just want to know the "don't ever go above x.xx volts!" level.

Right now the system is stable at 350x8 but there should be a lot of room for improvement. I think with some more voltage I could raise the FSB and run the memory at 900-950 mhz at 5-5-5-15, probably... but 5-6-6-18 or 6-6-6-18 would be fine at those speeds as well. I just don't want to do it without learning a little bit about these sticks first. =)

You have the right mind. And to overclock, raising timings and voltage can improve performance.

2.10V is a good amount, any more may not be effective, so you would be creating unnecessary heat and stress. But of course if you notice a gain, you can leave it.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

2.1 is good news - that is higher than I expected. Very nice, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X