Ga-ep45-ud3p & f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45-ud3p & f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-b

I just purchased the aforementioned memory to replace some Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 memory that I was running slightly overclocked to 1106 MHz. The system is overclocked
    (Q9950) to 3.91 GHz. @ approx. 1844 FSB.

Ok so I put this memory in reset CMOS load optimized defaults, reboot load 3.91GHz profile, test with IBT on standard settings and it fails after 2 passes. Oh BTW the timings are 5-5-5-15 9 @ 2.1V.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Man this is one hot forum for G.Skill products. At this rate I'll get a reply by wot 2150?

Tells me all I need to know about the product... Note to self... Stay away from G.Skill products...

Comment

Does the kit fail at its specified speed of DDR2-1066 as well?

Theres no guarantee that those f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-b will do the 1106MHz of your earlier kit (at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V or at all). The success can vary from kit to kit and with the ICs used.

Maybe they just need more voltage for that? If that does not help, you could also try 5-6-6-18.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        Does the kit fail at its specified speed of DDR2-1066 as well?

Theres no guarantee that those f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-b will do the 1106MHz of your earlier kit (at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V or at all). The success can vary from kit to kit and with the ICs used.

Maybe they just need more voltage for that? If that does not help, you could also try 5-6-6-18.
        Nice stock answer NO.Skill Done all dat to no ends ans some mores. Bottem line you ram sucks.... Will be sending it back and doing a very bad review. not to mention it may have bee previously used sold as new...Bad Bad Deal there peep.....

Comment

I am not a G.SKILL employee, just someone that wanted to help. My DDR2 times ended years ago, but the F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI i used back then did not suck at all.

If you were sold a used kit as a new item, it is probably the shop you should downrate not the item.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

What are the complete settings you used? You posted limited information, so you're going to get limited help. Test the RAM at the rated specifications, then you can overclock and do whatever else from there.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here is screens of stock settings. Memory voltage is 2.1V

http://tinypic.com/r/vwvgxf/8 Don't guess we can put images directly onto page...

Only difference for 3.91 GHz is of course more vcore 1.3V, MCH to 1.22V. The rest is pretty much the same.

This is the best it can do... 3.87GHz rest of the settings are the same... Well outside of vcore.

http://tinypic.com/r/mtrq7q/8

Here's one of the Corsair Dominators @3.91 Ghz, memory @ 1106MHz. Although that images was taken a while back...

http://tinypic.com/r/21j17q9/8
              Last edited by Conners; 03-12-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Please read the above post... I for one am not excited about G.Skill forums. I mean If you going to provide one for help, you should at least man them. Any way without any help from G.skill I finally got to 3.9 ghz (459 fsb normal setting as per above pix). But I can not get it to pass 461 fsb to save my life. So from my experience if you can find some corsair dominator 1066 (5 5 5 5 15 tRead 8 tRFC 52) go with it... Pix follows... Reminder this was with zero help what so ever cause " You posted limited information, so you're going to get limited help." from G.Skill support... Last G.Skill products for me... LOL like that will make a difference to them.

http://tinypic.com/r/2cypb87/8
                Last edited by Conners; 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry, we can't stare at this post all day waiting for your response. We have telephone support for immediate assistance if that's what you need.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    Sorry, we can't stare at this post all day waiting for your response. We have telephone support for immediate assistance if that's what you need.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    LOL what a snotty response from you tech person. I'm sorry I inconvenienced you from you telephone duty. If you guys are that busy on the phone.. Well that tells me a lot about you products. Lots of FAULTY products comes to mind...

What's bad is you never even bothered to reply to my last two posts, which provided all the info you could ever need. You just post a I'm to busy to respond to you post...LOL
                    Last edited by Conners; 03-12-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
                      LOL what a snotty response from you tech person. I'm sorry I inconvenienced you from you telephone duty. If you guys are that busy on the phone.. Well that tells me a lot about you products. Lots of FAULTY products comes to mind...

What's bad is you never even bothered to reply to my last two posts, which provided all the info you could ever need. You just post a I'm to busy to respond to you post...LOL
                      You know what I want your supervisors name and e-mail address, and or phone number. I want your employee number, or whatever you go by cause I want to file a complaint against your lack of professional help. You don't deserve employment with gskli...

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post

Uh dude... chill.

You actually did NOT post any of the information the Tech asked you for.

You posted Screenshots of Intel Burn Test, CPUz and the wrong Memtest, which does not show the actual SETTINGS you used to configure your system within your BIOS.

As for the Memtest, you should be using Memtest x86+ found here - http://www.memtest.org/ ..and run it off a USB Flash Drive that you boot too.

What SETTINGS, did you use? How did you configure these settings within your BIOS? Windows often shows different results from what the BIOS shows, especially when it comes to voltages. My CPUz reports my Core i5 2500K is pulling 1.2v at 4.6ghz; while CoreTemp shows it is pulling 1.4v...Its cause different Windows Apps reads things differently.

What were the results of the MemTest running the RAM and your CPU at Stock Settings?

This is the information they have asked you for.

Lastly, no they're not busy answering their tech support phones... the reason why they do not pay much attention to this Board is because so few people need to use it. Just take a look at the RMA section on this Board. There is like.. just.. one person, per week, asking about an RMA.

If their products were as bad as you seem think then the RMA Forum here would be slammed with hundreds of posts daily!

As it so happens, G,Skill produces some of the highest quality Ram on the Market. I've been using their kits for years.
                        Last edited by Nyarlathotep75; 03-12-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Oh one more thing, Intel Burn Test is a substandard burn test for overclocking a CPU.

You should use Prime95. They have a 32bit version and a 64bit version. If your system can survive 12+ hours of Prime95 Blend Tests without any crash... THEN, you have a stable Overclock.

Comment

I don't know what thread you are reading, but I never read a thing about what tests g.skill wanted. I took it upon my self to post relevant screens.

Also could you post information documenting that IBT is a substandard burn test for overclocking a CPU.

I do use P95 for a stability testing also, but is it a really a tell all? I think not.

While your obviously a fan boy none of this , did you memtest this or that... ur post is a moot point. I can say all day long this or that... screw off unless you have valid points. Otherwise you just look a fool.

SO since you mention mentest86+, are you saying if I test stock speeds and the pass then that's cool. By the same token, if I test on OC to say 1092 it should pass right? If not does that mean the memory is bad?

Oh one word of advice. When you actually know what your talking about on overclocking and such. Then you should chime in. Otherwise your a waste or bandwidth.
                            Last edited by Conners; 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Well, actually...

1. Yes, I do know what I am talking about with Overclocking. I have 3 computers, all CPU overclocked... one a 2500K running 24/7 at 4.6ghz, on default Voltage settings. The other two are Phenom II x4's also overclocked... a 940 at 3.8ghz and a 965 at 4.0ghz.

2. Memtest. Ok so you run it at stock and everything passes and you're cool? No. Not necessarily. You're just ruling things out. You're testing at different settings, different voltages, etc... It might pass at stock, but not pass at an overclock. Does that mean its fine and just doesn't overclock? No. Not necessarily.

G.Skill is renown for making some of the highest quality Ram and pretty much all of their Kits are typically great for overclocking.

The kit you have, is a pretty good kit. I actually use it myself, on my Phenom II x4 940.

Now admittedly, I do not have much experience with your particular Intel CPU, but thats beside the point.

The point being, I know pretty much all of G.Skill's performance Ram Kits can be pushed beyond their limits if done right, and with the right settings.

But sometimes.. and its not very often. But sometimes, there is just a bad batch, and unfortunately someone out there gets a kit from that bad batch.

But when that happens, G.Skill is usually pretty damn good with fixing the matter, usually approving an RMA right away, after which they send you a free replacement kit after you send them the bad kit.

But first, you have to be the cool, level headed one who willingly and precisely follows the advice and instructions of their Tech Support Techs, who just want to help you rule out all other possibilities.

But if you're absolutely convinced that your Kit is a bad kit, then go ahead and RMA it yourself, get your RMA number from them, and send it back to them with all the documented tests and proof you have, that shows it is a bad kit...

You can do the RMA yourself at the following link...

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
                              X