Trident] F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD and Evga 780FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident] F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD and Evga 780FTW

Will this memory work on this board? just asking cause the ASUS are the only boards listed.
    Thanks!

The G.Skill F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD is compatible with your EVGA 780 FTW motherboard. Just remember you will need to run a FSB of at least 1333 to operate above DDR2-1066.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm running at 1500fsb. Figured I would shoot for 5:4 to start with...anything else i should know? lol They should be at the house when i get home! thankyou.
      Doc

Comment

After you configure your BIOS, save and exit, but make sure to cross your fingers and squint your eyes. like so. >_<

=P
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So far can't get a boot at 1200...BSOD and other fails...Running oK at 1066 and less though.

Comment

Where did you set the memory voltage? Try 2.0V. Also for FSB, you might need to raise voltage to compensate for OC. Did you manually set frequency and timings? What are the SPD values for Advanced Timings? If you can list what you have set in BIOS, or take pics, that would be great. I'm not sure of the options in your BIOS so I can't help you specifically.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

FSB Memory Clock Mode - [Unlinked]?
              Memory Timing Setting - Expert
              CMD - 2T

CPU FSB Voltage - 1.4V
              Memory - 1.9V

Let me know how it goes.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'll post all tomorrow. I raised FSb to 1600, and linked the mem at 1066 for now. that is stable anyways lol. I tried playing with the voltrs, relaxing the timings to no avail. Highest i tried the mem was 1.9. Willt ry 2 tomorrow.

Comment

Ok..have it running at 1200...forgot if it was linked or unlinked. I think it's unlinked.
                  FSB is 1600. Am running a 9650..the locked multi. I have an unlocked one I will try later(thought it was dead but it was the mobo lol)
                  CPU1.35
                  FSb 1.4 (first red)
                  Mem 1.9
                  Spp 1.4
                  MCP 1.525
                  HT 1.25
                  PLL 1.5 auto
                  MEm is at 5-5-5-15 tRC 36 tRFC 77
                  Any other ram settings I should shoot for to increase performance? Not my strong suit aside from the basics/
                  Seems stable. did an hour on Prime with no probs and 4 hours of intense gameing with no hioccups. Highest CPU temp was one core at 50-51.
                  Last edited by Doctahg; 07-25-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Check actual FSB voltage and if it only ranges between 1.2V, change that to 1.3V. Otherwise, run CPU-z and see what values the computer is getting for tRC tRFC. Try to lower those until unstable. Maybe even try Command Rate 1T. =)

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well I spoke too soon..Started up a game I havent played in a bit Lord of the rings online...3 BSOD so far...just tried upping the volts a bit on the mem to 1.92..will see if it helps
                      tRC is 24 tRFC is 77
                      Can't see the FSBvolts on cpuz...must be missing something Core volts are 1.32 though.
                      Actaully I didnt gae heavily with 1200 last night...Just ran a few benches. Gonna run memtest now wsee what happens

Comment

You have to fine tune those timings, 77 is a bit high for this memory. 24 for tRC might be OK though.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well I ran memtest for 3 runs..no errors, and prime for a half hour..no probs..I know its not long enough but the BSOD's were in 15 minutes of playing. So it appears to be a tuning situation. As far as the VOLTS I am not sure what more would need upping or lowering. Will play with the timings. I dont think my bios allows me to play with TRFC or not but I can use MemSet i guess. Any suggestions on the voltages from anyone would be appreciated.
                          TY

Comment

Should be good at 1.9V for DRAM. You can try higher and see if that'll make a difference, but don't think you need to.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Memtest does only show stability of the memory. Not the entire setup "running on wild" like in windows or specially gaming, if you pass the memory testing you should be looking at your north bridge voltages and CPU/NB VTT and completely ignore the whole idea that problem is in memory in the first place. This is where you probably will find the issue also.
                              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
                              X