Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK can't run on my Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

Hello,

I have a problem trying to get my RAM (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK) to run at its rated speed and timings [which are 1066 @ 5-5-5-15]. I have the following configuration:

1. Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R r2.1
    2. Intel Q9550
    3. F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    4. Raidmax Volcano 630w modular PSU
    5. BFG 8800GT 512MB PCIe 2.0

I currently have a 4GB G.Skill kit (DDR2 800) that works perfectly. I just bought this newer kit from newegg about 1 week ago. My PC has had about 5 BSOD reboots. I tried the RAM in memtest with default timings/auto voltages and I would get errors. I upped the voltage to the RAM and went up .1 volt for my CPU and ran memtest, didn't get any errors. However, with both dimms, I get errors. One at a time, I get no errors with either of them.

I have upped the voltage to +4V for the RAM (when both are in) and still get errors. Usually in test 5 at the end... and some errors in test 6 (in memtest)

I'd like to believe the RAM is good, just being finicky. Does anyone out there have experience with this RAM and my particular motherboard? I could use some help. THANK YOU!

Danyael
    ;-Demon

What is your Front Side Bus set at? Manually set DRAM frequency to 1066. For timings, enter tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - tRAS 15 - CMD 2T. Set the rest to AUTO for now, but let me know what values the board is picking up for tRFC and tRC. Lastly, in system voltages, change DRAM voltage to 2.1V (should be +0.300V. Raise your NB Voltage to 1.2V (+0.100V). Save and exit. Let me know what happens, and also the timings and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Sorry for the extreme late delay as I was in New York for Chase bank merger. Now that I am home, I will try your suggestion today and let you know.

Danyael
      ;-Demon

Comment

I have set everything as you instructed in your previous post. I am still getting errors in memtest.
        Below are the additional timings you requested:

Act to Write (trrd) 4

Rank Write to Read 4

Write to Preecharge 8

Refresh to ACT 68

Read to Precharge 4

Static tRead 6

Static tRead Phase Adjust 0

I sure hope we can get these DIMMS working correctly. I have not had any bad luck with G.Skill yet.

Danyael

Comment

Just ran memtest again, at default settings (what my mobo set timings at), and still got errors. Bus was 1066, timings were 5-7-7-20. I have since upped the voltage to +.3V with default timings, and I'm waiting to see how that will turn out.

danyael

Comment

Set Refresh to ACT to 60 and Static tRead to 10. DRAM Voltage 2.1V. Nb Voltage 1.2V. Let me know how that goes. Make sure Performance Enhance is Standard as well.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X