Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Only Get 2 Sticks of 4x2GB Working

MB: MSI MS-7380
    Memory: GSkill 2x2GB DDR2 RAM (F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ)
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo 8500

I recently bought two pairs of GSkill 2x2GB DDR2 RAM in hopes of upgrading my machine to 8GB. If I install just 2 of the 4 sticks (it doesn't matter which two I use or which RAM slots I install them in) everything works fine at 4GB. However, if I install all four sticks, the machine suffers a variety of Windows lockups/crashes and numerous memtest errors.

Oddly enough, the memory I was using previously (2x1GB Kingston HyperX) works just fine alongside one pair of the GSkill RAM without any issue, so it seems the PC can support all four slots (although my goal is to use all four GSkill sticks).

I'm hoping this only requires some simple voltage tweaks, but I'm inexperienced in that area and wouldn't know what adjustments to make. Are there any recommended settings for using four sticks of this RAM? (BIOS is updated and all settings are currently at default, with memory set at 1.9v). Thanks!

Any suggestions? I've tried raising the memory voltage to 2.0 and 2.1 but continue to have problems. Not sure how to proceed from there.

Comment

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots.

If you continue to have a problem, you may need to send them in for RMA exchange to see if two new kits work better.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X