This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Won't Overclock.

First let me start by saying, Im not just some noob.

Ive been overclocking, as well as spd programming memory for years and years. Been a Developer for 17 years now and have taken some computer science / electrical engineering at M.I.T.

I bought this f1-3200phu2-2gbnt 2 x 1024 kit here at a local retailer. I installed it in a rig witch was running some 2 x 512 of samsung tcb3 @ 265 mhz (ddr 525)
    . the motherboard is a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D. Ive tried everything and this mem wont clock over 212 mhz (ddr 424). I Chose this memory over some kingston value ram on a brainpower circuit board with tccd chips.

Now i am kicking myself, the box says "the ultimate oc" The extreme g.skill There is nothing either extreme or ultimate about this memory what so ever. Every generic memory i have ever bought clocked better then this stuff. Did i get a faulty kit or is this just the quaility i should expect from g.skill ?

When i wen't to overclock the memory i reset my CMOS so everything was on SPD detect and then started from 200 mhz overclocking the bus 5 mhz incrementaly. 215 wouldnt even post. 214 mhz posted....212 was the highest stable clocks i could get.

The processor is an AMD opteron 144 witch has the AMD Sandiego core. Theese cores have possibly the best Memory controller there ever was for DDR memory. So the memory controller isnt the issue.

Oh and yes i did manualy set the voltage for the memory at 2.6v, Is this 2.6v an indicator on how bad your ics' are? Did binning prove your chips could not run ddr400 at the JDEC spec of 2.5 and needed overvolting?

I must say i am quite unhappy with theese sticks. If you guys claim Maximum overclock then i should at least get a "DECENT OVERCLOCK". I feel like have been lied to.
    Last edited by Don; 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM. Reason: forgot something.

I feel the same way, i replaced two 512mb Corsair XMSLL modules with these modules and am not a big overclocker but all my games are not as smooth and slow to respond. I should have stuck with Corsair or went with OCZ

Comment

the product you purchased is not overclock series. we used to have DDR overclock series but now we don't have it anymore.

the best DDR overclock memory was made by us. the TCCD, UCCC, BH5 and CE-5. however, those memory IC is no longer in production. we are not able to bring those not existing product back to life.

if you looking for overclocking memory, you can choose our DDR2 and DDR3 overclocking memory.
      and please understand value memory doesn't have good overclocking result.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Sorry i made a mistake, i have the NS not NT modules in my computer

Comment

NS and NT series are our products for standard use
          'coz we don't have overclocking DDR anymore, we'd recommend you not to expect much to overclock NS or NT series
          if you want to overclock, we'd recommend DDR2 or DDR3 series
          thanks

G.S

Comment

I bought a RETAIL box of G.skill memory that did not say "value ram" or nothing oif the sort.

It says "The Ultimate O.C. The extreme G.Skill" This is called false advertising when you advertise that your product has "The Ultimate .O.C." . When you put this on a pacage you imply waranty that the memory is overclockable.

You now have a choice. You can give me Memory That overclocks like it says on the box. You can refund me my purchase price or I can tell my friends on all the forums at techpowerup xtremesystem
            and also the better business bureau.

When you tell somone the product has the the ultimeate overclock and it doesnt, You are lying to the customer. I dont take kindly to being lied to.

Comment

it does mean it is overclockable, but how much it could be overclocked is not guaranteed
              Thanks

G.S

Comment

This IS illegal

What is illegal is the potential to deceive, which is interpreted to occur when consumers see the advertising to be stating to them, explicitly or implicitly, a claim that they may not realize is false and material. The latter means that the claim, if relied on for making a purchasing decision, is likely to be harmful by adversely affecting that decision.

This is illegal misrepresentation of the product. IT say right on the box "the ultimate oc"

Please kind sir RMA this product for one that delivers the ultimate overclock. You claim here your company made the best overclocking ddr. I would love some of the good stuff i would be deligted if you waranted your advertised claim. Im sure your company is top notch and even the worst product you have perform better then theese modules they must be defective.

Im sure that a 12 mhz overclock is not what G Skill would describe as an ultimate overclock and there must be some sort of problem
                Last edited by Don; 11-13-2008, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X