X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww yeah.

I'll test with Intel XTU tonight.

Comment

Nice! Probably need more DRAM voltage for lower timings. Typically 1.65V is the minimum, but if you want to target lower voltage/stress, that's fine too.

It would also be fun to see if the new CPUs really appreciate higher DRAM Frequency over low timings.

Try DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.550V

vs.

DDR3-2400 12-14-14-35 1.625V

The ratio is the same, so it would be fun to see which is actually better. =)
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 08-21-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I would set it at 1.65V, but the BIOS shows that voltage is higher to whatever I set it at.

If there is some overvolting going on with the DIMM slots, there should be an option to disable it. Maybe that might help too.

Comment

That is normal, all voltages will fluctuate based on load. You just need to make sure the lowest value is sufficient.

Comment

So I should input 1.65V anyway and see how much lower I can get with the timings?

Comment

I'll try 1600 at 1.550V at 8-8-8-24 for curiosity sake.

Comment

No dice for 1600 at 8-8-8-24 at 1.550V (1.57V). Errors on test 7.

I'll run again at 11-14-14-35 at 1.65V (1.675V) this time.

Comment

I'm still baffled that I'm able to achieve such a high overclock on these. Did I just get lucky and get good modules or is there something special with these older kits with haswell?

Comment

I was able to boot into windows with 2600 at 12-14-14-35. I just wanted to see if it would happen. I will test the sticks with the speed and timings I said before, but you think there is a danger if I attempt to go higher?

I mean I'm already at a ridiculous speed now for these sticks it seems like.

Comment

Success!

Comment

Gaah. I gotta stop visiting these forums otherwise I will buy a haswell just for an unnecessary boost in RAM. I vote you take it as high as it will let you. That is insane. You will have to teach me your black magic oc'ing skills.

Comment

The low latency kits use good chips as well to achieve their value, so it's natural with a higher latency, the frequency can be raised similarly to a kit that is rated higher. Low latency kits use better chips which is why price is higher as well compared to standard DDR3-1333 RAM

Comment

I started to notice some stuttering with youtube videos, but all else seems to be fine. I went back to stock with the ram and no issues with the video playback. So, I'm going to chalk that up to as being unstable.

Might have to settle for 12-14-14-35

Comment

I'm going to wait before ruling out instability. I forgot Chrome had updated and maybe there's an issue with the current version of Flash.

However, I did a test for 1600 at 8-8-8-24 at 1.6V and there were no errors after 9 hours.

What's stable so far:

1333 7-7-7-21 1.5V (XMP)
                              1600 8-8-8-24 1.6V
                              2400 11-14-14-35 1.65V

Comment

Working...
                              X