thaiphoon burner doesnt recognize a die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thaiphoon burner doesnt recognize a die

Hey there, got a small problem over here while was trying to OC my ram.
    My thaiphoon burner doesnt recognise the die on my g.skill kit and i cant seem to find the version mentioned on a sticker itself.
    Is there any other way to find out which hynix die it is?

My apologies in case i created the thread in the wrong section.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by daesz; 11-06-2023, 04:15 PM.

The die revision usually is not programmed, but you can identify it from the label. It is the last letter of the lot code, the one above the barcode.

Your kit uses the same IC type as some of the newer high end 2x16GB and 2x32GB stuff, like the F4-4266C19D-32GTZR or F4-4400C19D-64GTZR. It is just a lower bin of 4H16C. They should still be able to reach high frequencies, but naturally timing-wise they won't be able match lower density ICs.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I assume its Hynix CJR/C-die then, right?

Comment

4H16C = Hynix 16Gbit C-Die DDR4

Just to be safe: Do not confuse them with 4H8C, an 8Gbit variant. The density difference makes them two completely different IC types. That is also the reason why it is bad practice to only refer to the die revision alone when talking about a specific IC type, since the DRAM manufacturers use their standard revisions over and over for all densities and DDR generations. For example Hynix typically starts with rev M followed by rev A, which is why a lot of M- and A-die types exist (DDR4: 4Gbit, 8Gbit, 16Gbit).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I see, thanks you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
          X