Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory modules 2x16 F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW

Good day!
    I want to buy memory modules 2x16 F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW.
    The ASUS website states that the 2x16 F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW memory has been tested with the TUF GAMING B450M-PRO II board and AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G processor.
    ASUS support wrote to me that the memory that was tested had a Samsung Chip and worked well. At the same time, I read a lot on various forums that the F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW memory has Chip Hynix and it does not work well.
    Tell me, is it possible to find out, when buying F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW memory, which Chip is used?

If you are looking for compatible memory, try the RAM configurator on the G.SKILL website. In general most B450 models are not exactly ideal for Cezanne, since the APUs biggest advantage aside from the integrated graphics is that they are able to make use of very fast memory (but that also requires a capable motherboard).

From older requests it is unlikely that any official is going to comment on IC usage. From information that we gathered for my B-Die list at Hardwareluxx, the F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW have not been produced from Samsung ICs for a very long time / several years.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you. It's not easy to find a good compatible memory for Cezanne... I will continue my search.

Comment

With Cezanne compatibility is not exactly a CPU and more of a motherboard issue. However in most cases with S8B you also want to manually overclock the memory regardless. So the XMP and compatibility become less important, than making sure that the factory bin is decent.

In general I would recommend a different board and then buying one of the known S8B exclusive models. You can check my list at Hardwareluxx (or the outdated B-Die finder). If you want a usable XMP as a fallback, look for compatible motherboards with the QVL on the product page.

For example https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/326/1...4D-32GTZNA-Qvl

Comment

I decided to pay attention to B550 motherboards. ASUS has TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS and MSI has B550M PRO-VDH WIFI motherboard. The gskill website states that both of these boards accept gskill F4-3600C16D-32GVKC memory modules. But I was surprised that this information is not confirmed on the ASUS website, the MSI website lists F4-3600C18Q-32GVK memory modules, but there is no F4-3600C16D-32GVKC memory. So far I'm leaning towards buying B550M PRO-VDH WIFI + F4-3600C16D-32GVKC .

Comment

For practical reasons the motherboard manufacturers only use a small set of memory models from each manufacturer for their own QVL. Just imagine how long it would take and how much it would cost to actually confirm compatibility of every single kit on the market with every single motherboard. So it is pretty normal, that not all compatible G.SKILL models are listed in the motherboard QVL.

If you want to manually overclock the memory and are looking for S8B, I would recommend upgrading the motherboard to a MSI MAG B550M Mortar WIFI and getting a different kit.

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...01-22.1161530/

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to spend no more than a certain amount of money ... In doing so, I should get a productive computer that works well in multithreading.

Based on this, then I got two not bad combinations for about equal money. One with B450 and one with B550.
              1) AMD Ryzen 7 5700G + TUF GAMING B450M-PRO II + Corsair DDR4 32Gb (2x16) Vengeance LPX Black 3600Mhz CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 (Chip Micron)
              2) AMD Ryzen 7 5700G + B550M PRO-VDH WIFI + G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 Kit F4-3600C18D-32GVK (Chip unknown)

In option 1, the motherboard is less modern, but still good, while the memory works well at 3800.
              In option 2, the motherboard is more modern, but the memory modules are not known at what frequency they will work. I will look for reviews on this memory and comparisons with the memory from option 1.

Comment

Working...
              X