F4-4000C16D-32GVKA for Ryzen 7 5800x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4000C16D-32GVKA for Ryzen 7 5800x

Does anyone here have experience or knowledge on what the best configuration settings would be for a Ryzen 7 5800x with 4000Mhz CL16 memory?

Enable DOCP, then manually set to DDR4-3200 and 3600 to see what can be supported.

Check CPU SoC Voltage at each stable point as you may need to manually input the value to force stability at a higher DRAM Frequency with full slots.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Since most 5800X can't actually reach DDR4-4000 synced (without WHEAs) and your motherboard is not on the QVL, you probably won't be able to use the XMP or only with a reduced memory ratio. My recommendation would be to overclock them manually instead, which - if done properly - will yield better performance anyways. If you are new to memory overclocking, I recommend reading and following one of the many guides, like that one:

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTes...0OC%20Guide.md

Try to find the highest synced ratio your system can manage and then optimize timings from there. It will usually be 3733/1866 or 3800/1900, but might be lower with four modules since the secondary memory slots can have a lower frequency limit.
      Last edited by emissary42; 09-17-2021, 02:16 PM.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, will explore and get back.

Currently I'm running DOCP at DDR4-4000 FCLK 1800 and it is stable, but now with four modules I wanna try to push it, the motherboard is also Daisy Chain / Fly-by so the secondary memory slots probably have a lower freq limit like you said. Let's see.
        Last edited by islas; 09-17-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Infinity Fabric 1:1 is ideal so FCLK 1800MHz and DDR4-3600 with the lowest timings may be your best performing settings.

Comment

Going async is usually not worth it, unless you get a lot of memory frequency out of it. And by a lot I mean more than +500MHz, which makes it more of a two than a four DIMM issue. Otherwise the latency penalty tends to eat up much/all of the bandwidth gains.

Like GSKILL TECH suggested, in most cases 3600/1800 should be doable even with four modules. You might be able to go up to 3733/1866 or even 3800/1900, but that can/will require "some" degree of fine tuning and also a capable CPU & MB.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
            X